Single Board Computer

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
A couple years ago, I coded a microprocessor model in systemC ( C++ ) The purpose was to have an equivelent model for verification of our market uC. I had to code the model so that it worked exactly like the real processor. Although I only ran simulations on it, I learned a great deal about processors, especially the ALU module. I thought I knew everything about processors until I had to code up some of the functions, and I had to swallow my pride and ask the processor designers.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Is anybody here interested in making an AAC CPU/ALU Core in Verilog that could be synthesized?

Icarus Verilog/iVerilog is a free download, which interprets Verilog and does simulations. It is compatible with Xilinx ISE verilog, provided you follow the restrictions for synthesis (remove print/timing/debug statements and "don't care" inputs).

If people are interested, we could decide on a core, and work up from there. Maybe the Jack core from Nand2Tetris, or a MIPS core that there is partial code on the net for already. The rest would be modules people could add, and perhaps eventually added to the e-book (after a year or more and several people's input).

I'm thinking 16 bits so it could be implemented on a low cost FPGA, $25 Spartan 3E w/500CLBs or so.

tinamishra

Joined Dec 1, 2012
A single-board laptop may be a complete laptop designed on one card, with microprocessors, memory, input/output and alternative options needed of a useful laptop. in contrast to a typical pc, AN SBC might not embrace slots into that accent cards could also be obstructed. AN SBC could also be supported nearly any on the market chip, and should be designed up from separate logic or programmable logic. straightforward styles, like designed by laptop hobbyists, typically use static RAM and inexpensive eight or sixteen bit processors.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Yet another meaningless drivel post from tinamishra. I'm completely convinced that these are computer-generated posts.

ealltech

Joined Oct 11, 2016
Probably not exactly what you are looking for, but a Graperain may fit what you are looking for. It is very expandable.
Building your own board would be extremely expensive, it would need to be several layers and high speed digital design domain will be in effect.
When my interest in electronics was renewed a couple of years ago, I had plans on building a 6818 single board computer ubuntu as I have a number of 6818s and supporting chips lying around.