Sine waves

milly molly mandy

Joined Sep 4, 2008
Having just read your article on "AC PHASE"I'd just like to thank you for helping me to understand properly for the first time ever in my life (I'm 52 and first did Electronics in my early thirties) not only "AC phase" but also how Sine waves can be linked with "degrees" etc.

What really helped me breakthrough in my understanding of "phase" was the way you put an "angle scale" above the Sine Wave, thankyou.

Also, the activities in your worksheets on sine waves are very helpful and also fun, in particular, the ones where you draw a Sine wave on a graph by finding the sines of the angles on your calculator. Also, that one where there's a circle on the left with red lines radiating from the centre, which you extend to the right in order to construct a sine wave.

I've been to quite a few Adult Education classes in my time, so I've seen bad teachers (who don't explain things properly, probably causing quite a few young people to just give up)and good ones ,like yourselves.

What fun to be able to grasp all the complexities and then see how they all fit into a fascinating structure and pattern that is almost aesthetically pleasing!