Sine wave inverter diagram

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ezeebube, Oct 22, 2009.

1. ezeebube

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Hey guys,i am in need of a sine wave inverter diagram of 1000watts capacity.i have built a square wave inverter but it makes a disgusting noise on the fan.can someone please help me out.:mad:

2. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Unhelpful and off-topic remarks deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
  3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    That is not very realistic. With 100% efficiency, it would take just over 83 amps from a 12 volt source to supply that level of power out. The transformer alone might be more costly than a small generator. Then you have to add the cost of batteries and a charger...

4. ezeebube

Oct 22, 2009
    Please can someone instruct me on how to get the noise off from the fan when I on my inverter.I am not a technician but i have this crave for creativity.i wonder at things made by my fellow human beings.I believe that what I have upstairs is not pap but brains.With good instruction,I believe I can do something good with my brain.I am very much pleased with my 1000watts inverter.I want to produce a higher power inverter that can power my deep freezer and my electric iron.This is why I am looking for a sine wave inverter diagram.I read that it is more powerful than a square wave inverter.Does any of you think that a square wave inverter can power a deep freezer and pressing iron?.Now my question is,how can i filter the current of my 1000watts inverter so it doesn't run me crazy with the buzzing noise coming from it.
    Thank you all for your anticipated help.

5. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Is the source of the noise mechanical or electronic?

Seriously, what you have or do not have upstairs is quite beside the point. There are many undertakings which offer a reasonable prospect of success. Picking numbers out of the air without some inkling of the underlying challenge is likely to lead at least to disappointment and at worst serious injury or possibly death. Asking for such a schematic has potentially serious ramifications and I'm guessing that such a schematic is unlikely to be forthcoming.

That said you must understand that the ability to design, procure materials, and fabricate systems may or may not be reasonable or cost effective depending on where you are located. For example, if I give you a design that uses parts you are unable to obtain at any cost then the design is useless to you. If you wish to have 1kW of electrical power at your disposal I suggest that you purchase the capability. Trust me on this, if your time is worth anything at all, you will not be able to achieve a 1KW output at anything like the cost for which it can be purchased.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  6. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
  7. ezeebube

Oct 22, 2009
    Thanks papabravo and JoeJester for your comments.Actually,what i need to know is how to take off noise from the ceilling fan when my inverter is working.There must be a way to purify currents.The inverter is a square wave with chip IC 3524.It works perfectly well and powers my television,a few number of 20watts solar bulbs and ceilling fans though the fans drain the batteries fast.While the fan works,it makes a buzzing noise.I tried using a capacitor of 4uf 450volts.The noise went down reasonably but the batteries were fast nose diving to zero level.I had to take off the capacitor and has been using the inverter like that ever since.Frankly speaking,I want a perfect finishing for my work.I believe you guys are experts.If there's nothing to be done about it,I can go on using it that way and definitely pretend to be deaf to the disgusting noise from the fan.Thanks once again.

8. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    As has already been mentioned there are significant technical challenges in doing what you want. Power conversion and generation is a poorly subscribed sub specialty in most electrical engineering departments. We hardly ever have occasion to resort to batteries and inverters because we have access to reliable AC power.

It will be far easier to purchase a pure sine wave inverter than it will be to design, procure, and fabricate one on your own. Even if you had the design it is likely that the parts of such a design would be unobtainable for you. There is virtually nothing to be done about how fast your batteries get drained. It is an immutable fact that in your application power in will be greater than power out.

BTW how do those batteries become recharged if you have no access to AC Power? Do you have an infinite supply of SLA batteries? I hope not, since that would imply an extreme level of environmental irresponsibility.

9. Andrew Leigh

Sep 8, 2008
    By continuing to run your inductive appliances (fan and compressor freezer) on your square wave inverter you are running the risk of damaging them. You iron will be fine.

I am afraid you are where you are, your inverter will not be able to achieve what you desire.

There are dozens of threads on this forum like yours, all are met with the same response. 1kW is simply too large to be practical.

Do you have power for some time of the day? What is your location?

Cheers

10. ezeebube

Oct 22, 2009
    Here in Nigeria,we have a lot of problem with our (PHCN)Power generating system.But each time we are allowed power for sometime,I do recharge my batteries though atimes the power supply is too epileptic to effect a serious recharge of the batteries.I also use generator to recharge in other to cut cost on fuelling.We live in the midst of plenty yet suffer lack exceedingly.I have two SLA batteries that does me a lot of good.I am currently thinking of going for a solar panel or wind mill generator to get the dark from my home.The buzzing noise coming from my ceiling fan sets me on edge.The 4uf capacitor at the AC part of my inverter gets me off my seat a couple of times to use the meter.How long will I keep doing this?Hope I won't start to dislike my inverter.Thanks to you all.Bravo

11. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Would it not be easier to use a 12VDC motor with gear reduction head to run the fan?

12. ezeebube

Oct 22, 2009
    Hello thatoneguy,please can you expantiate on your suggestion.Thank you.:mad: