sine wave generator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by lovlyman3030, Nov 22, 2009.

1. lovlyman3030

Thread Starter Member

Apr 28, 2008
    hi all im trying to build a circuit to get a 50hz sine wave. i used a generator chip icl 8031 but it gives me a dc offset and i need a pure sine wave with zero offset. i used a single capacitor to block the dc but it shows again after i connect it to an invertor.:( do anyone have any idea hot to generate a pure sine wave using simple circuit and easy one to build?
    thanks all

2. lovlyman3030

Thread Starter Member

Apr 28, 2008
    by the way i forgot to mention that i need 2 V peak to peak amplitude :)

3. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Post your circuit schematic as it exists.

Without a schematic, it will take a very long time to get a meaningful reply.

For schematic images, .png format is preferred.

4. lovlyman3030

Thread Starter Member

Apr 28, 2008
    the problem that i dont have a schematic for any circuit it can do the job for me that's what im looking for so if you have a schematic for any circuit can do that please share it by the way im using it for a power senior project (statcom) which i need to build.

5. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    I agree with the other. Post a schematic of the circuit you have so far. You have already built something so you must have a schematics. It does not matter if it is crude.

6. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    You need to post as schematic diagram of the circuit as it currently exists.

The ICL8038 (which I believe you meant to type instead of ICL8031) has a high-impedance output (about 1k). If you want for it to have more drive current, you will have to use a voltage follower/buffer arrangement.

But until we see your schematic, we won't have any idea how much current your voltage follower/buffer will need.