Sinclair Calculator - Oxford 300

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
Hi all,

Just wanted to share with others here that I just got a Sinclair Calculator - Oxford 300 and its fully working with the original case!

Anyone else here collect old vintage stuff?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I have an Apple IIe to sell, and samples of many later Macs. And a history of hard drives in enclosures, wires, cables, connectors, adapters and so on that were once highly coveted but now collect dust because it's too time-consuming to sell junk on e-bay.

jgessling

Joined Jul 31, 2009
All great stuff. I've got about two hundred calculators of that vintage. Used to pick them up for a couple bucks at Bay Area flea markets a while ago. Rarely seen now although I did see some TI thing about a month ago at a garage sale. Wanted $4 so I passed.

Some highlights:
- HP 35 working needs new battery pack
- Canon desktop nixie tubes with delay line memory works
- TI speak and spell several
- Mattel horse racing calculator as seen on Pawn Stars

Only thing I ever sold was a set of boards for Heathkit H8 system. Selling seem like a good idea until you actually do it.

And since I got this far, My great regret. Rainy winter day at Concord flea market, very few people around, a guy had a Heathkit analog computer EC1, $20. Well above my $5 maximum. I had the money. Went home after looking at his van carefully in case I might see him another time.

That thing would have been worth about $1000 at that time. Looked for that van at local markets for months. Never saw it.

Oh, well such is life. Still got lots of fun out of it all.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hi all,

Just wanted to share with others here that I just got a Sinclair Calculator - Oxford 300 and its fully working with the original case!

Anyone else here collect old vintage stuff?

Heard of them many times but never seen a picture before. Battery powered only or there was the chance of using an adaptor?

Reminds me my first CASIO I bought at Singapore when calling for bunkering ca 1972 (?)

With the vessel at the anchor, we had little or no chance to go ashore so the solution was buying to the people coming on board who brought bundles of things (basically consumer electronics) and installed themselves on main deck around the accommodation. Small market where every "boot" had some 3x3 m space. Bargaining was the game that everybody played to the satisfaction of both parts.

I doubt that given the changes in their policy at all levels is that happening anymore. Much less the girls that also use to came on board to offer other things, not electronics related, precisely.

Last edited: