Since two threads are closed, I had to open a new one... "Clock Boy" returns.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Criminalization is a creeping crud affecting all sorts of things, even free speech and expression.
I can't see how all those legislators can justify their jobs without writing new laws every year. You can't write a law that can't be violated, so the natural result must be that eventually, every possible action or lack of action, speech or absence of speech, thought or absence of thought will be regulated. Job Security, ya' know.

http://www.rutherford.org/publicati..._amendment_sanctions_police_fishing_expeditio
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/snacking-driving-cost-new-jersey-article-1.1530947
http://distracteddriveraccidents.com/new-proposed-law-in-new-jersey-banning-distracted-walking/

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
Govt answers to disengaged, myopic, and I say collectively stupid populous:(
that's precisely what happened in Baltimore: an openly racist city, led by a racist mayor, assisted by a racist PDC and a racist DA, all elected by a racist populace - the "racist" "zero tolerance" as conceived and directed by the racist government at the insistence of racist activists then towards a racist populace.

that's what you get when you crap where you eat.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I can't see how all those legislators can justify their jobs without writing new laws every year. You can't write a law that can't be violated, so the natural result must be that eventually, every possible action or lack of action, speech or absence of speech, thought or absence of thought will be regulated. Job Security, ya' know.

http://www.rutherford.org/publicati..._amendment_sanctions_police_fishing_expeditio
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/snacking-driving-cost-new-jersey-article-1.1530947
http://distracteddriveraccidents.com/new-proposed-law-in-new-jersey-banning-distracted-walking/
Then they are shocked when all these laws result in a lawless society when the police are unable to enforce it.

Some are just nuts.
  • Designates lace lichen, commonly known as Spanish moss, as California's official lichen.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Here's another one from today's news. You gotta pay for that Urban Assault Vehicle, multiple armored vehicles, flash-bang grenades, assault rifles, body armor, riot shields, tear gas, SWAT teams, etc. to look for "an unknown man lying in his front yard". "a "harmless man who had never been in legal trouble,"

A statement issued by the Sheriff's Department on Tuesday said there was "no evidence that Mr. Thompson was in the carjacked vehicle, nor that he was involved in the assault on the deputies."
https://reason.com/blog/2016/08/10/six-weeks-later-la-sheriffs-department-a

"the officer who killed Thompson—who has not been identified publically—has been reassigned to non-field duty."

Another case of, "Answer a 'suspicious person' call with a SWAT team and shoot a random stranger", but it's very expensive!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I am very happy when I can get one Gopher, or one turtle, or one armadillo to realize he's being fed crap by the mainstream media.
There's no friggin' War on Cops (as proven by the numbers of LEOs attacked). There is a War on We the People and it's a war for more power to the government.

But I don't know why the propaganda campaign. The Federal government just takes anything it wants. We're already in a condition where you can't phone your mother without the NSA getting a copy. You can't drive to the grocery store without your face and license plate being photographed. Mere use of encryption will get you on a terrorist list. You can't tell our President from an actor hired to play the President. The only reason there isn't a bigger stink about it is that these usurped powers haven't been abused enough...yet. Is the Corporatocracy trying to get the populace to willingly sign over their rights before the abuse becomes unbearable?

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
that's precisely what happened in Baltimore: an openly racist city, led by a racist mayor, assisted by a racist PDC and a racist DA, all elected by a racist populace - the "racist" "zero tolerance" as conceived and directed by the racist government at the insistence of racist activists then towards a racist populace.

that's what you get when you crap where you eat.
dannyf I don't know enough abt Baltimore to be sure of all that but one thing's for sure is that if Freddie Gray was put on that wagon a healthy man and taken off with a broken neck then he died in police custody SO THE POLICE WERE TO BLAME! SIMPLE AS THAT! I say if the police, courts and government want respect they have to understand that a few rotten apples stink all of them up so it's in their own best interests to be totally unforgiving of misconduct in their ranks!

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
One thing that needs to be said, this site is full of electronics nerds. We think it's obvious that none of those parts is a brick of C4.
Or 4 sticks of dynamite and a countdown timer.
You would think several cops would have somebody in the crowd that knows what a complete lack of explosives looks like.
Maybe there was, and that's why they kept trying to get Clock Boy to say it was a bomb. Then they could arrest him for saying it was a bomb.
Without that, they had nothing.
But it was important to hold him incommunicado because an adult on his side would have called B.S. in a New York minute.
I work at a University, trust me. They're smarter than you and me and you can't explain anything to them if they've already deemed it a threat. Regardless of evidence otherwise.

Besides, they get their picture in the paper with their name plastered to it and all the attention to go with it. (Dare I say inflated ego's) ya.

kv

Edit: Now that I think about it, they're also very easily manipulated by power. So, if police tell them they are threatened and should be convinced it's a bomb. They will follow that suggestion to the letter. Just like a caller did to a Mcdonald's manager who was in the middle of an interview of a potential employee, the caller claiming to be an officer told him to do unspeakable things to the under age girl.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3688563&page=1

Last edited:

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
if Freddie Gray was put on that wagon a healthy man and taken off with a broken neck then he died in police custody SO THE POLICE WERE TO BLAME! SIMPLE AS THAT!
what if he wasn't healthy?
what if he tried to fake an injury and miscalculated?
what if he tried to kill himself?
what if he caught some weird illness in the process?
what if he was killed by an alien? :)

the possibilities are countless and you just need to be willing to open up your mind.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
I say if the police, courts and government want respect they have to understand that a few rotten apples stink all of them up so it's in their own best interests to be totally unforgiving of misconduct in their ranks!
I don't know why the courts or governments want respect - what does respect do for them?

I think the whole issue is simple: black lives matter! first and foremost to the black people.

As its biggest supporter, I think the whole BLM movement is directed at the wrong targets, intentionally so. BLM leaders and politicians behind it don't care about black lives. All they care about it is to use it to their own benefits.

If the recent Garza interview is of any indication, some of them are starting to understand that.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
What did the autopsy show as the cause of death?

Did he sit in the wagon or struggle to free himself?

When did he get that clean bill of health. I don't recall a doctor checking him out before being placed in the wagon.

Joined Nov 30, 2010

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
what if he wasn't healthy?
what if he tried to fake an injury and miscalculated?
what if he tried to kill himself?
what if he caught some weird illness in the process?
what if he was killed by an alien? :)

the possibilities are countless and you just need to be willing to open up your mind.
Dannyf I see your last two _what ifs_ are facetious:cool: But my answer to first three is just to say that staff of correctional facilities are held responsible for inmate suicide and SIWs so should be the same anywhere in chain of custody! Sry if I'm preaching to choir;):D

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
@#12

I've yet to find the autopsy report online. I did see the "news" reports about his injuries. I saw reports where he was NOT sitting down, but was thrashing around (and moving the vehicle). That lead to the ankle cuffs. I've heard, but not read, about the construction of the van and he was in a single compartment, and there was an extruding bolt.

There was NO reports of the driver acting inappropriately and driving in a manner to throw the passengers about in the rear of the van.

So, if the driver wasn't negligent, and the other passengers in the van claimed the deceased was rocking the vehicle with his movements, is it incumbent on the police to put the suspect in a child's seat and strap them in? I know what was printed about failure to seat and attach a seat belt. I don't know if the vehicle had seatbelts or how cooperative the deceased was when they attempted to secure him with a seatbelt.

From the videos I seen of the arrest the deceased was not too cooperative or compliant. I don't know what the deceased did to cause the vehicle to rock. I can imagine about all those things, but my imagination and reality may not coexist. I'd prefer facts, verifiable facts, to come to a conclusion. I don't believe everything I read on the internet. I would give credence to a report, a signed report, by a verifiable coroner. From what I've read, from second hand media sources, even that doesn't explain the death very well.

Freddie Gray is still an open situation in my mind. Few facts have arisen. Yes, he was non-compliant during the arrest. Yes, he was alive when entering the van. I don't know what happened when the doors were closed and how the van was driven. Yes, the deceased suffered some injuries causing his death while in police custody. The other occupants in the van didn't suffer injuries, so I tend to think the driver wasn't driving abnormally. That leaves me to question the deceased actions during the transport.

How do you solve the death in custody issues? Maybe we need medical personnel to strap in all suspects and the ambulance, at the suspects expense, and a police officer filming the trip from the point of arrest to the drop off at the police station for processing.

Lots of unanswered questions.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
so should be the same anywhere in chain of custody
Yeah, the police should be held responsible for him being sick, him wanting to hurt himself, him not having the right amount of health and his nails not perfectly manicured?

What else should the police be responsible for? Should the police be held responsible for his sex life too? Or underperformance there? .....

The guy was being taken to a jail house, not the heaven.