Since two threads are closed, I had to open a new one... "Clock Boy" returns.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
If I mistakenly identified your status, then I'm sorry.
Not a problem. No apology needed for a simple mistake.
I think I was wearing a raggedy old army shirt in that 1971 photo with a motorcycle.
I didn't win the lottery to go to Vietnam, so I had no understanding that Army Surplus clothing meant anything. All I knew is that the clothes were comfortable, durable, and cheap...and they smelled good. I guess people who have been in some sort of Military situation associate military clothes with military people, and, to tell you the truth, I've never met a military person I wouldn't want for a friend. I just wasn't lucky enough to get drafted into a horrible war in a foreign country.

I still wear Yard sale/ Salvation Army/ Goodwill t-shirts that my sister sends me, because I have no sense of style. Women in high heels or "cocktail" dresses scare me. I've heard that women think those things enhance their sex appeal, but I just assume their feet hurt and they don't want anything to touch their expensive clothes. I'm just as oblivious to men's clothing styles. Old Army clothes are really good quality. That's all it means to me.

ps, here's a page with a photo of the terrorist clock.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/08/ahmed-mohamed-clock-texas-lawsuit

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I agree, it's Ambulance Chasing, but Irving Texas has sworn to "double down on stupid".
How else does an American Citizen have any chance of opposing stupidity with a badge and gun besides filing a complaint with an American Court of Law?

“The City of Irving is prepared to vigorously defend itself and the justifiable actions it took in this matter,” the city stated.
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/dallas/article94378502.html#storylink=cpy

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I agree, it's Ambulance Chasing, but Irving Texas has sworn to "double down on stupid".
How else does an American Citizen have any chance of opposing stupidity with a badge and gun besides filing a complaint with an American Court of Law?

“The City of Irving is prepared to vigorously defend itself and the justifiable actions it took in this matter,” the city stated.
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/dallas/article94378502.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...st-involving-clock-kid-ahmed-mohameds-father/

"The Irving District maintains it has information that could provide crucial context to the now infamous clock incident, but are unable to speak out without the permission of Mohamed’s parents because he is a minor."​

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Don't know but you really can't blame the ambulance chaser for snatching a fat hunk of meat left on the floor by the school district.

You can't blame an untrained animal from trying but you can certainly swat their nose with a newspaper to discourage it.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
"The Irving District maintains it has information that could provide crucial context to the now infamous clock incident,
Aha! It's a trap! Irving Texas has been concealing information that would explain the whole situation (and remained a laughingstock to the world) until some stupid Ambulance Chaser filed a lawsuit. They are going to swat that attorney on the nose.:D

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Aha! It's a trap! Irving Texas has been concealing information that would explain the whole situation (and remained a laughingstock to the world) until some stupid Ambulance Chaser filed a lawsuit. They are going to swat that attorney on the nose.:D
Sure, that clock will cleaned for at least a few hundred thousand in a settlement.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
ps, a bit from the link Gopher put up confirming where I got the idea that the parents were filthy rich:
Gallagher also noted that Elhassan Mohamed has “repeatedly run for president of Sudan despite living near Dallas.”
Ran for President from a housing development with Food Stamps?
I don't think so.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
ps, a bit from the link Gopher put up confirming where I got the idea that the parents were filthy rich:
Gallagher also noted that Elhassan Mohamed has “repeatedly run for president of Sudan despite living near Dallas.”
Ran for President from a housing development with Food Stamps?
I don't think so.
The father also runs a pair of Facebook sites - one promoting the 9/11 hoax (executed by the government to promote anti Muslim propaganda).

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
One thing that needs to be said, this site is full of electronics nerds. We think it's obvious that none of those parts is a brick of C4.
Or 4 sticks of dynamite and a countdown timer.
You would think several cops would have somebody in the crowd that knows what a complete lack of explosives looks like.
Maybe there was, and that's why they kept trying to get Clock Boy to say it was a bomb. Then they could arrest him for saying it was a bomb.
Without that, they had nothing.
But it was important to hold him incommunicado because an adult on his side would have called B.S. in a New York minute.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
One thing that needs to be said, this site is full of electronics nerds. We think it's obvious that none of those parts is a brick of C4.
Or 4 sticks of dynamite and a countdown timer.
You would think several cops would have somebody in the crowd that knows what a complete lack of explosives looks like.
Maybe there was, and that's why they kept trying to get Clock Boy to say it was a bomb. Then they could arrest him for saying it was a bomb.
Without that, they had nothing.
But it was important to hold him incommunicado because an adult on his side would have called B.S. in a New York minute.
He wasn't arrested for having a bomb. He was arrested for creating a fake bomb. No c4 needed. We have no idea of the details of how the suitcase was handled, what was visible to each teacher or heat was said in each classroom. A bowling ball and a sparkler could also be a fake bomb - it would look just like the coyote's bombs on The Roadrunner.

Also, what happens when he takes the same suitcase clock to school for a week and the day after people stop questioning what's inside the suitcase? Kind of a special freedom to do what ever he wants at that point.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
We have no idea of the details of how the suitcase was handled
Read post #3 and post #21. It wasn't a suitcase.
He wasn't arrested for having a bomb. He was arrested for creating a fake bomb.
He was arrested for not making a fake bomb and not letting the police intimidate him into saying it was a bomb. That's why he was never convicted of anything.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Read post #3 and post #21. It wasn't a suitcase.

He was arrested for not making a fake bomb and not letting the police intimidate him into saying it was a bomb. That's why he was never convicted of anything.
Ok, a brief case, a pencil box a makeup box, a what ever closed case.

And, people get arrested every day with no actual charges filed after details are better understood or after a review with the DA. I don't know why this case is so unusual on that basis.

It happens all the time on police shows and nobody complains or claims the cops committed a federal injustice.

Last edited:

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I live in another part of this globe with different concerns, I know. Sorry for the rant then.

I have read probably all what was said in this site about the case. Even then, I have not a clear opinion about what he was trying to actually do. I am not saying it was a joke, a prank, an hoax or a genuine sample of technical wisdom.

I cannot tell TNT from gelinita from plain old powder or from whatever with obscure acronyms. How many teachers do you know that could?

I hate comments based on wisdom of the day after and also hate jokes or their equivalent, that could make someone to feel its own life is at stake.

Have you ever watched all those stupid pranks where someone shows up in a dark alley branding a butcher knife to an inocent peasant? I always ask myself the same question: what if the target of that stupid prank dies as a consequence because he could not cope with the bad moment (before being told it was a prank?).

Every situation, where a decision is taken in a hurry because it is urgent to do something, means you solving in minutes (if not seconds) what later somebody has months to judge. Have anyone here had an emergncy situation where something had to be done NOW? Been there, been there, been there...

This and so many similar cases will follow the same process where you wait for the outcome (the day after wisdom I call it), and then classify them. The skater that managed to slide riding on a 200 m long stairs railing and wave hands to the camera could become "viral". The oher attempts would become just "bloopers".

Yes, a rant I said.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Then they found out I wasn't Mexican and threw me out like I had tried to scam them by using my real name (which sounds Mexican)
Man, you should've given me a call! ... wait a minute... I don't look Mexican at all, so that probably wouldn't have worked either... :(

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Man, you should've given me a call! ... wait a minute... I don't look Mexican at all, so that probably wouldn't have worked either... :(
Just give me a few weeks to tan up and I'll put in some dark brown contact lenses to hide my blue eyes and... Crap. I'll still look like a white guy but with a tan.:oops:

Skin and eye color be damned, you just can't disguise a German/Russian/Scandinavian bloodline as being anything but itself. :(