Since two threads are closed, I had to open a new one... "Clock Boy" returns.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GopherT, Aug 8, 2016.

1. GopherT

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Now Federal lawsuits are filed - the lawyer said the school district must pay $15M to stop the lawsuit. Sounds more like extortion than a lawsuit.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/08/us/texas-lawsuit-clock-boy-ahmed/index.html

I also want to hear the details of the motivation to put clock parts into a suitcase and carry it around school all day baiting people to ask him "what's in the suitcase".

2. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    His sister or other family members won't be sitting next to him on the stand to "assist" him in answering the questions.

So, the full scholarship in Qatar wasn't so appealing after all.

#12 likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Read a bit closer, Gopher. It was a small plastic box, immediately presented to his science teacher, as if it was an academic accomplishment (which it wasn't). Some time later, some other teacher had a terrorist paranoia. A few hours later, the local police manufactured a horrific scenario and tried to get anybody to agree with them, for hours, without benefit of council, parents, or any intellect of their own.:rolleyes:

I also have doubts about the family living in assisted housing with food stamps. I thought they were filthy rich before this completely unnecessary, "security theater" performance.:confused:

4. GopherT

Nov 23, 2012
    Mark Cuban spoke to the kid and reported his conversation - he said the sister kept kibitzing. He also said the kid showed it to his science teacher in first period and didn't put it away like the science teacher told him and, instead took it to show all his other teachers. Why would he keep showing it off if it wasn't anything other than to torment and bait them into calling the police?

5. ISB123

May 21, 2014
    I guess they didn't like the "freedom" in Qatar.

6. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Compared to a shot at a million dollar payday in Texas? The scholarship can wait.

I think the lawyer has overstated to them the odds of actually winning a settlement. I don't think it'll get as far as they would like.

7. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    It was intended as a hoax. There is no doubt about that. The school district will settle for $250k to $500k -- not bad for a night's work. Criswell predicts.

I hope that when the money is paid, it is sequestered until fully taxed. Then the attorneys get paid. This claim was made as a "civil rights" violation to exclude the total from IRS income taxes.

John

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Now I have two stories that disagree with each other. The first one said the clock made a noise in his back pack, and that drew attention, not that he displayed it to other people.

I wish you'd put in a link so I can find the Mark Cuban story.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I wish I had thought of that, but then, I'm so white I probably couldn't get a rise out of anybody.:(

10. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    That's basically what I was up against years ago when I went back to college a second time. Screw you. you're white and intelligent so go find your own money is basically what I got.:(

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Me too. I was actually called in to receive a "grant". Then they found out I wasn't Mexican and threw me out like I had tried to scam them by using my real name (which sounds Mexican). The only way I can guess how I got that name is that I was named after my father, who was born to 100% Danish parents in Kassen Minnesota, but they had a litter of 13 and apparently ran out of American sounding names.:D

killivolt and nsaspook like this.
  12. GopherT

Nov 23, 2012

Cuban has several things to say through the whole thing. Something more than Ahmed putting the guts of a clock radio into a case is going on. I don't know the motivation but I hope the school district lets this play out in court so we can learn the whole story.

#12 likes this.
  13. GopherT

Nov 23, 2012
    Come on, you are an American With A Disability. I'm surprised you're not a VP somewhere.

#12 likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Must put on thinking cap.:D

15. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Your a disabled vet ... That's worth something. Can you claim some of your work as your own designs, if even partial ownership.

16. GopherT

Nov 23, 2012
    Did I miss a chapter in the @#12 bio?

17. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    I'd like the district fight it. Call Obama in as a witness. Why didn't the clock make it to the white House? Obama asked him to bring it.

18. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    It's the king's new cloths, all over again.

John

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Sorry. I missed that wonderful opportunity to get screamed at by people who are allegedly on my side, then go duck live bullets.

Sinus23 and nsaspook like this.
  20. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    I never said you were in a combat zone. I don't recall you mentioning your discharge status, however I do recall seeing you in "fatigues" in a picture. I am assuming you fulfilled whatever commitment you had, giving you the veteran status. The other status was the unfortunate accident, again, I assumed you were getting some compensation from SSA.

If I mistakenly identified your status, then I'm sorry.