simulator software advice

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by lakhram, Mar 28, 2015.

1. lakhram

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 15, 2015
    whats the best freeware simulator for a beginner?

2. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    What do you want to simulate?

3. Electro-learner

Mar 18, 2015
    I suggest you google it and download as per your need.Like logic sims are good for digital electronics.But if you are working with analog components, it would be better to go with a realtime simulator, having many components.Choose the one which has all the basic components,like transistors and resistors. There are many websites that give good-quality products for free.

Of course, you don't require an IC for an astable multivibrator(but you require transistors).

4. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    Best is such a subjective term...

LtSpice is a good one that many people here use.

For digital logic circuits, I use LogiSim.

5. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  6. beedees

Mar 29, 2015
    It depends on what you want to simulate. One of the best is ADS (Advanced Design System). It simulate circuits but also transmission lines. If you want a easier software you can use PSpice (http://www.electronics-lab.com/downloads/schematic/013/), there is also a student version, but it's very good to start. Another open-source project (multi platform) is Qucs available on this link http://qucs.sourceforge.net/ and it works very well, there aren't a lot of options but it works! ;)

7. lakhram

Mar 15, 2015
    Thanks everyone.

8. lakhram

Mar 15, 2015
    I dont even know what I want to simulate as yet. I'm just getting my feet wet.