Simulation SW question

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by dakt, Dec 22, 2009.

1. dakt

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Hello,

first I must say that this is one of the best sources for electronics on the web. I've been learning from this site for almost last two years. I began as complete noob in electricity and electronic and this site has helped me a lot.
    Now, I and few colleagues are involved in small project. We attend to build complete CPU out of TTL family of ICs. So far everything is going fine, but we are stuck with SW package that we currently use. For design we use Multisim which works great, it's easy to get used to and use it. But one big thing is missing. To create microprogrammed CPU and to automate some other signal sequences, we need to program EPROM but for some reason Multisim doesn't allow that directly.
    So question stands: is there a way to come across this problem without switching to new SW, since much of the logic is already finished(ALU & registers)?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my English!

2. dakt

Apr 4, 2009
    Anyone? Would be very grateful since we are pretty much stuck.

3. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
  4. dakt

Apr 4, 2009
    Thank you...I have come across this post as well but doesn't help much.
    Other options are Eagle and Proteus ISIS. Oh well...looks like migration is the only option here.

I will post some schematics and pictures as we go. Hope it will work in real life.

5. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    If you are talking about Cadsoft Eagle, it does not have PSPICE built-in. There is an add-on module available from Beige Bag Software; prices start in the neighborhood of $249 and go up. There are demos and trial versions available; I haven't used them.
    http://www.beigebag.com/