Simulation results

williamthomas

Joined Jul 26, 2013
Can anybody help me with my audio amplifier 20 kHz transient analysis? I am having trouble with distortion with 20 kHz and 1 v as input signal.
If the input signal is less, then no distortion.
the circuit is attached and the simulation program is LT Spice.

the result is also attached. I measured the complementry output transistors collector to see the signal.

Attachments

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Uhm... Are you aware that there are numerous different schematic capture and simulation tools? That we might not have any clue as to whether we can even read your attached file unless we know which tool you are using?

In general, it is better to post schematics (as in figures, even just screenshots) so that anyone can see what you are doing. Also, post an image of your simulation results that show the problem you are seeing.

williamthomas

Joined Jul 26, 2013
Uhm... Are you aware that there are numerous different schematic capture and simulation tools? That we might not have any clue as to whether we can even read your attached file unless we know which tool you are using?

In general, it is better to post schematics (as in figures, even just screenshots) so that anyone can see what you are doing. Also, post an image of your simulation results that show the problem you are seeing.
thanks. better now?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I can't simulate you circuit since I don't have the cordell model files, but it would appear that the output may be clipping with 1V input. The gain of the amp is about 21.6 and that would give a peak output voltage of 30V for a 1Vrms input. That voltage is greater than your supply voltage of 24V so it clips the output.

Even if the input voltage is 1V peak, the output would be 21.6V which is close enough to the 24V supply that the output will likely be starting to clip.

williamthomas

Joined Jul 26, 2013
I can't simulate you circuit since I don't have the cordell model files, but it would appear that the output may be clipping with 1V input. The gain of the amp is about 21.6 and that would give a peak output voltage of 30V for a 1Vrms input. That voltage is greater than your supply voltage of 24V so it clips the output.

Even if the input voltage is 1V peak, the output would be 21.6V which is close enough to the 24V supply that the output will likely be starting to clip.
i tried to less the gain to 18 but it still clips with 1v input