Simulation Model for AC Wall Outlet

Friz

Joined Oct 28, 2014
HI,

I was looking to simulate a wall outlet and wanted to be as realistic as it could be. Does anyone know if there is a circuit out there that I can go off of?

Thanks

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
A wall outlet would normaly be modelled as a simple AC voltage source, possibly with superimposed pseudo-random noise. What particular features are you looking for beyond that, in your quest for realism?

Friz

Joined Oct 28, 2014
A wall outlet would normally be modelled as a simple AC voltage source, possibly with superimposed pseudo-random noise. What particular features are you looking for beyond that, in your quest for realism?
I would like it to be similar to how power lines connect. From research I have found that normally, the voltage from the electrical lines coming to your house is around 1100V AC. The reason it is so high is that the electricity travels more effectively over long distances at higher voltages.
The transformer near to top of the electrical pole reduces the voltage to a safer 220V AC or 110V AC for the appliances in your house. I would like to be able to simulate this, using transformers and I am looking to have AC neutral as well.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
In N.A. the transformer is a 240v with centre tap, with the C.T. operating as a earth grounded neutral.
Each side equating to two 120vac supplies.
Max.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
A wall outlet would normaly be modelled as a simple AC voltage source, possibly with superimposed pseudo-random noise. What particular features are you looking for beyond that, in your quest for realism?
Hi

Well...a wall (duplex) outlet connects to a voltage source.:)
There are many different types though, some with GFI, Indicators, rated at different voltages/currents, etc.
Yes...the OP needs to be more specific.

EDIT: OK...the OP clarified somewhat as I was replying.