Simulation by Matlab

mo2015mo

Joined May 9, 2013
Hi my friend,,,

I want to building half-wave rectifier using 3-winding transformer ...
really i'm beginning in Matlab..
I want anyone to help me in steps or any simple book can help me :rolleyes:

please help me and thanks in advance..

mo2015mo

Joined May 9, 2013
Why when i applied 1sin(wt) to three sources with different in phase angle.., i got a half-wave rectifier as shown below with amplitude is 0.2 ??

Attachments

Last edited:

BytetoEat

Joined Mar 5, 2014
well, this is either the diode drop of approx 0.6 volts coming into effect or some type of multiplier on your probe... those are my guesses.

if your matlab model is simulating realistic diodes, then to turn them on they need a voltage drop above 0.6 volts.. so thats why you have 0.2 left.

Edit: whoops! shoulda waited to post for above answer.. yep +1 ^

mo2015mo

Joined May 9, 2013
well, this is either the diode drop of approx 0.6 volts coming into effect or some type of multiplier on your probe... those are my guesses.

if your matlab model is simulating realistic diodes, then to turn them on they need a voltage drop above 0.6 volts.. so thats why you have 0.2 left.

Edit: whoops! shoulda waited to post for above answer.. yep +1 ^
It looks like the forward voltage for your diode model is about 0.8V.

Edit: Indeed, if the values shown here are the defaults, then the forward voltage is 0.8V.
Really thanks for you,,,
But why when i connected transformers as Y-connected to the circuit ,i don't get the half-wave signal .see attached photo
In other words, what's the parameters i can adjust in order to get half-wave output?? i attached the parameter of transformer

Attachments