Simulating a Superhet in multisim

epictetus

Joined Sep 26, 2013
I have been searching around to see if this is possible or if it has already been done.

I would like to see a superhet radio being simulated in multisim.

I have been googling for quite some time now.

Any ideas?

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Which parts do you want to simulate?
I'm not a Multisim user but I'd be surprised if you couldn't emulate the various functions. I'd start by trying to generate the incoming AM signal.

w2aew

Joined Jan 3, 2012
I'm not a multisim user either, but you should be able to simulate the various blocks pretty easily, and put them together. RF input amp and filter, mixer, local oscillator, IF filter and amplifier, detector, output amp, etc.

epictetus

Joined Sep 26, 2013
I am able to recreate most of it. I am trying to emulate a gravy mark 536 radio and it was the if transformers I was having trouble with. There is no direct component to place. I guess I will have to represent with its base components some how.

Thanks for the replies, I enjoy your videos w2.

w2aew

Joined Jan 3, 2012
I am able to recreate most of it. I am trying to emulate a gravy mark 536 radio and it was the if transformers I was having trouble with. There is no direct component to place. I guess I will have to represent with its base components some how.

Thanks for the replies, I enjoy your videos w2.
The IF transformers are typically simple transformers which include a capacitor across the secondary (or primary) to resonate with the winding inductance at the IF frequency.