Simulated machine gun

Cpt_Prahl

Joined Oct 19, 2009
Hello! my first post and responce!

I want to add to this desighn, all that is missing for me and I am in need of is a timing delay pentomiter circuit to make the simfire act as a Machinegun.

I know a little about electric circuits as I am a Auto mechanic but as far as this I am a Noob I have checked out the only electronics store here in Sweden Called Kjell and Co and they have a timing delay but I am curious to make one from scratch. All I want to do is make it so when you hold the trigger the system repetes the breaking of the Coil circuit and gas valves I have found that using an mixture of Oxygen vs compressed air and Aycetiline/Propane mixture gives a better bang and is more reliable as some other reenactors I know who have bought simfire kits have learned through trial and error.

I am in the process of making a browning 1917 as My Grandfathers Unit had them in WW II and having a rifel over here is complicated and expensive.

I am curious if you guys can point me in the right direction for the Circuit I am looking for as to make this simfire circuit a Machinegun instead of a semi auto?

Thanks again for this fourm I am sure it will come handy in the future as I am considering making an electric car from one of my Volvo Amazons I thinbk it would be a first here in Sweden. But that will be another post.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Try the attached circuit.

T1 is an automotive coil.

R2 should give you a range of about 400 to 600 sparks per second, which is in the same range of the rate of fire of a M1917 water cooled Browning.

Attachments

Cpt_Prahl

Joined Oct 19, 2009
Awsome I think I have what I need to make a few MachineGuns if not a Mortar or 2, this is a great help as most of the companies want several hundred dollars for a Sim fire set up and I know I should be able to make one for allot less including tanks and regulators..

We have one local guy who has a electric repair shop I should with his help be able to make the circuit boards easy enough I am good with soldering Iorn and board so I should be in luck!

When I finish the non weapon this winter I'll post some videos of it and such!

Thanks!

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Sure thing. ;)

I've been considering doing something similar for our museum's Avenger system.
It's a HMMVEE with a Stinger missile system mounted on it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/TWQ-1_Avenger

Our system has a de-mil'ed M2 Browning machine gun on the right side.

The Stinger launch tubes were removed, but most everything in the system is otherwise functional; even the infrared tracking system and air conditioning.
[eta]
Haven't quite decided what type of valves to use yet; automotive fuel injectors might be likely candidates. However, they operate on low voltage; somewhere in the 2.5v-3.5v range - and I don't know how well they'd seal using them with oxygen and propane or acetylene.