Simulated machine gun

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Cpt_Prahl, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Cpt_Prahl

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Hello! my first post and responce!

I want to add to this desighn, all that is missing for me and I am in need of is a timing delay pentomiter circuit to make the simfire act as a Machinegun.

I know a little about electric circuits as I am a Auto mechanic but as far as this I am a Noob I have checked out the only electronics store here in Sweden Called Kjell and Co and they have a timing delay but I am curious to make one from scratch. All I want to do is make it so when you hold the trigger the system repetes the breaking of the Coil circuit and gas valves I have found that using an mixture of Oxygen vs compressed air and Aycetiline/Propane mixture gives a better bang and is more reliable as some other reenactors I know who have bought simfire kits have learned through trial and error.

I am in the process of making a browning 1917 as My Grandfathers Unit had them in WW II and having a rifel over here is complicated and expensive.

I am curious if you guys can point me in the right direction for the Circuit I am looking for as to make this simfire circuit a Machinegun instead of a semi auto?

Thanks again for this fourm I am sure it will come handy in the future as I am considering making an electric car from one of my Volvo Amazons I thinbk it would be a first here in Sweden. But that will be another post.

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
  3. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Try the attached circuit.

T1 is an automotive coil.

R2 should give you a range of about 400 to 600 sparks per second, which is in the same range of the rate of fire of a M1917 water cooled Browning.

4. gerty

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 30, 2007
    Shouldn't that be per minute Sgt?

5. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Right, Gerty - thanks, I was tired. I fixed my post.

6. Cpt_Prahl

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Awsome I think I have what I need to make a few MachineGuns if not a Mortar or 2, this is a great help as most of the companies want several hundred dollars for a Sim fire set up and I know I should be able to make one for allot less including tanks and regulators..

We have one local guy who has a electric repair shop I should with his help be able to make the circuit boards easy enough I am good with soldering Iorn and board so I should be in luck!

When I finish the non weapon this winter I'll post some videos of it and such!

Thanks!

7. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Sure thing. ;)

I've been considering doing something similar for our museum's Avenger system.
    It's a HMMVEE with a Stinger missile system mounted on it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/TWQ-1_Avenger

Our system has a de-mil'ed M2 Browning machine gun on the right side.

The Stinger launch tubes were removed, but most everything in the system is otherwise functional; even the infrared tracking system and air conditioning.
    [eta]
    Haven't quite decided what type of valves to use yet; automotive fuel injectors might be likely candidates. However, they operate on low voltage; somewhere in the 2.5v-3.5v range - and I don't know how well they'd seal using them with oxygen and propane or acetylene.