simplification

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
It's Boolean algebra. ;)

That looks like homework and we don't do your homework for you. You need to show us what you have done or why you are having a problem.

To simplify the expression you need to multiple the three items in the parentheses together and then simplify from there.
Do you know how to multiply those items?

KiranmaiNandagiri

Joined Jan 21, 2015
It's Boolean algebra. ;)

That looks like homework and we don't do your homework for you. You need to show us what you have done or why you are having a problem.

To simplify the expression you need to multiple the three items in the parentheses together and then simplify from there.
Do you know how to multiply those items?
I got struck in last step____________
X'(z'+yz)

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
The poster says it is a boolean problem. From my experience the + sign denotes an "OR" function and the ' denotes a negation( not familiar with that though).

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If you say so. I see no boolean operators or indication that the variables shown can only be 0 or 1.
There are three Boolean operators use in the expression -- {', +, ()()} for logical NOT, OR, and AND, respectively.

The indications that the variables in the expression can only take on two values (not necessarily 0 or 1, could be true or false or any other two values) is that it was stated that it was a Boolean expression, which means an expression in which the variables can only take on one of two values.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Simplification of boolean expression (x+y'+z)(x+y'+z')(x+y+z)
Can anyone tell me what is the result of simplifying the boolean expression ?
As others have said, you need to show your work. All of it. Start with the problem and show your steps in sufficient detail so that we can clearly see how you got from one step to the next.

With three variables you only have a truth table that has eight rows, so you should be able to figure out the truth table directly from the original expression. That may give you some hints as to how to proceed. At the very least it will give you something that you can verify your final answer against.

Hint: Your truth table should have five 1's and three 0's for the output. Do you see how I got that and why it's the case?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Fair enough. Just trying to probe for what the OP is really doing. Homework?
Homework? Oh yeah.

And it should be in Homework Help -- I didn't catch that because I thought I was viewing the HH forum. Amazing that that hasn't been stomped on and brought to the mods attention. I'll go ahead and do that so that they can move it to the appropriate forum.