simple transmitter receiver circuit wanted

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by markosillypig, Mar 18, 2012.

1. markosillypig

Thread Starter Active Member

Jul 21, 2008
    hi all
    i'm looking for a simple transmitter and receiver circuit 9 volt
    it's for a humane mouse trap when the door closes i want a signal sending to a simple receiver so i can tell that the trap has gone off its around 20 meters away.
    if not i would like a simple transmitter circuit so a signal is sent to my fm radio
    any help would be appreciated with links

2. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
  3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    I also recommend using a commercial receiver instead of building your own. It dramatically simplifies the overall project.

Is there a reason not to just use a flashing light or a beeper, or maybe even just trip a flag, like the ice-fishing guys use?

4. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    Or a buzzer.

5. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    ...or modify a wireless doorbell

6. svdsinner

May 17, 2011
    If you have line-of-sight, a simple IR remote control type circuit would be simplest and cheapest, and there are numerous schematics around the web.

If you need it to be RF (because you don't have line-of-sight) it would be a toss-up as to whether the easiest/cheapest route would be to make your own RF Remote control circuit, or interface with a cheap, ready-made transceiver (which are available for under $5).

Have fun, and please, please, please, if you release any mice that you catch, don't release them near me.