simple mechatronic project / "engineer" needed

andrec

Joined Mar 9, 2010
Not quite sure where to place my project. On the one hand I would like to first show my idea and then find help (payable) to proceed to a final product.

For a private project (see attached file) I am looking for a constructor. Prototype to mass-production depending on offered support and price.
The data sheet contains the needed components but does not reveal the entire product due to legal reasons (invention, patent not yet secured). Thanks for understanding. Contact details in attached sheet.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...mItYzUyNy00ZjViLWI5NzItMTlmZTA5MmZkMGJh&hl=en

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
An sonic transducer can be used to input sound and activate a solenoid to release what that you want to release

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Not quite sure where to place my project. On the one hand I would like to first show my idea and then find help (payable) to proceed to a final product.

For a private project (see attached file) I am looking for a constructor. Prototype to mass-production depending on offered support and price.
The data sheet contains the needed components but does not reveal the entire product due to legal reasons (invention, patent not yet secured). Thanks for understanding. Contact details in attached sheet.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...mItYzUyNy00ZjViLWI5NzItMTlmZTA5MmZkMGJh&hl=en
Where are you located and what is your budget?

andrec

Joined Mar 9, 2010
- With a magnet/coil I think it would be possible too. But not sure because the device should work with 2 AA batteries. Guess those solenoid drain to much power?
- Budget: what i can pay you? please contact me by email. You find the address on the data-sheet. Thanks
- We can work internationally even if I am based in switzerland.

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Seems simple enough. Battery, microphone, amplifier, motor, mechanical system--if the load is heavy, just add more gears, and if you can allow "seconds" to open the latch, that should be fine. I definitely think a motor rather than a solenoid is the way to do this. With a solenoid, you need a large pulse of current, but a small motor can draw a current for as long as it takes to drive the mechanism.

Do you want a particular sound to trigger the device (known frequency etc)? Otherwise you might find your load dropped if someone slams a door, if a car outside blows its horn etc.

cliffyn

Joined May 30, 2010
Hi Andre,
Your project appears to be an interesting one, but it's already half way through 2010. Have you already found someone to work with on it?
<snip>

Last edited by a moderator: