Simple Frobenius Question help!!

mcdara

Joined Feb 23, 2011
Hi

Im almost finished a Frobenius question to find myself stuck on what appears to be a simple sum I cant get my head around how the teacher obtained it!! I really appreciate any feedback and relish this site for such support

= 4(m+r)(m+r-1)Am+2(m+r)Am

= [2(m+r)(2m+2r-2+1)]Am

I can't get the 2m+2r-2+1. Are the 1st 2 brackets being multiplied out? or would this give m squared

Thanks for taking time to read!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi

Im almost finished a Frobenius question to find myself stuck on what appears to be a simple sum I cant get my head around how the teacher obtained it!! I really appreciate any feedback and relish this site for such support

= 4(m+r)(m+r-1)Am+2(m+r)Am

= [2(m+r)(2m+2r-2+1)]Am

I can't get the 2m+2r-2+1. Are the 1st 2 brackets being multiplied out? or would this give m squared

Thanks for taking time to read!
It would very nice if you were to answer the question asked in your other thread regarding what level of course this is. If this is a course anywhere close to the level that Frobenius relations are typically used in, then you need to bail from that course and get your basic algebra up to speed. If, on the other hand, this course is (or is close to) a basic algebra course, then you are struggling with things that you probably should be struggling with at this level.

Look at the factors that are multiplying the 2m+2r-2+1. Factor them out of each of the terms in the first equation and what do you have left?

If you still don't see the answer, then SHOW YOUR WORK step by step as far as you can go so that we can offer specific hints and suggestions.

mcdara

Joined Feb 23, 2011
I have answered on the other thread. I have stated that I am a 4th year engineering student. Some basic algebra gets me sometimes I have to admit.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Yeah, I saw your answer over there shortly after I posted here. I would recommend either taking a couple of lower level math courses to build up your skills or getting some books and working through them on your own. Weak algebra skills will haunt you forever unless you correct them.

Getting back to this problem, please do what I asked in the last part of my post and put your work here. We can then push forward from there.