Simple design puzzle

adam555

Joined Aug 17, 2013
I've been looking for hours for a low power single-supply rail-to-rail single opamp and none of the dozens I found are available at my shop.

I think I'll go with the LM324, which is a quad opamp, and leave the other 3 to waste.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I doubt the 324 will have the output voltage range you need. And you don't need to let the others go to waste. Remember the circuit I showed that buffered the two pots so that the summing circuit does load them down.

adam555

Joined Aug 17, 2013
I doubt the 324 will have the output voltage range you need. And you don't need to let the others go to waste. Remember the circuit I showed that buffered the two pots so that the summing circuit does load them down.
Then the only option I have is to ask then to order for me one from LDC3's list; or order it myself, though it will be far more expensive.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I've asked before. Does the store where you are getting your parts from have any kind of a webpage that shows the parts they stock?

adam555

Joined Aug 17, 2013
I've asked before. Does the store where you are getting your parts from have any kind of a webpage that shows the parts they stock?
Yes, but all the ICs are mixed under the same category, not even the title says what they are, with the exception of the reference, so I can't just simply search for opamps. I have to do a search for every reference manually, and so far I got no results for the ones that are good for the project.

Here is the English version: http://www.cetronic.es/sqlcommerce/...Catalogo.jsp?idIdioma=1&idTienda=93&cPath=875

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
They certainly aren't rare here - but I am blessed in living where I am in that respect.

If you find out how much it costs to mail a small package from Colorado, USA to where you are, we can talk about whether it will be possible for me to order some parts from Digi-Key for you. I'm planning on placing an order in the next couple of weeks, so I can absorb the shipping from Digi-Key to me. If you just cover my costs for the parts plus the shipping from me to you, I'm game.

When you check (if you check), be sure to check about Customs requirements, too.

adam555

Joined Aug 17, 2013
They certainly aren't rare here - but I am blessed in living where I am in that respect.

If you find out how much it costs to mail a small package from Colorado, USA to where you are, we can talk about whether it will be possible for me to order some parts from Digi-Key for you. I'm planning on placing an order in the next couple of weeks, so I can absorb the shipping from Digi-Key to me. If you just cover my costs for the parts plus the shipping from me to you, I'm game.

When you check (if you check), be sure to check about Customs requirements, too.
I really appreciate it, but that would probably be the most expensive option, and it would also be the longer one. I guess I could also buy it by mail myself elsewhere around here.

The guy told me on Thursday that they could order components for me. so maybe it's not a bad idea taking him that list posted above and see if they can get any of them.

Also just wrote to them explaining the problem. Let's see what they say.

LDC3

Joined Apr 27, 2013
I really appreciate it, but that would probably be the most expensive option, and it would also be the longer one. I guess I could also buy it by mail myself elsewhere around here.

The guy told me on Thursday that they could order components for me. so maybe it's not a bad idea taking him that list posted above and see if they can get any of them.

Also just wrote to them explaining the problem. Let's see what they say.
Since the link you posted is for a company in Spain, I've checked with Digikey and Mouser and they both have websites for Spain. It should be be fairly easy for you to order though one of them.

adam555

Joined Aug 17, 2013
Since the link you posted is for a company in Spain, I've checked with Digikey and Mouser and they both have websites for Spain. It should be be fairly easy for you to order though one of them.
I've been looking through the opamps of other Spanish online electronic shops and also couldn't find anything that would do. I noticed that they only have 4 or 5 to choose from; maybe that's why I can't find the one I'm looking for in my local shop, they just have too few and none with the specs I need.

I'm afraid I'm going to end up buying it from one of those 2 shops; though first I'm going to see if they order one for me at my local shop.

adam555

Joined Aug 17, 2013
I was preparing an order for Digi-key, trying to reach €65 so that I don't pay the €18 in P&P, but I just realized I can also buy all those things on ebay for a fraction of the price and in most cases get them shipped for free.

So, I found this opamp from China AD822AN Single-Supply Rail-to-Rail Low Power FET-Input Op Amp but wanted the check with you guys if it will do. They also have the same one in a different brand from Hong Kong AD822AN DIP-8 AD822 Single-Supply, Rail-to-Rail Low Power FET-Input Op Amp.

Also, what type would you recommend me to play around at home. You know, an IC with 4 opamps for general use (tests and experiments). I guess it's best if it's also single power and low voltage, but should I get rail-to-rail? It for ge

Last edited: