Simple am/fm radio

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by heshamal, Dec 29, 2014.

1. heshamal

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Please iam new and I have a project to build am/fm radio and I tried the net and I found many but complicate or obsolete so please help me how to do this project

Thank you

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    absf likes this.
  3. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Silicon Laboratories makes several receiver chips that do the complete demodulation with very few external parts. They are SMD parts so a breakout board is very handy. Sparkfun carries some, I have one from a few years back that does AM & FM but they seem to have discontinued these.

The control is digital so a micro controller is also required, but by the end still simpler then trying to build one from scratch.

Analog receivers are not a beginners project, and probably require special test equipment to get tweaked in.

4. heshamal

Dec 29, 2014
    thank you all but still don't know from where to start

5. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    Building an AM/FM radio from scratch is not easy for a beginner, especially one who does not know where to start, but you may learn a lot (if you don't give up first). If you build one based around a chip you have a much better chance of success but you will not learn very much because everything is done by the chip.

Perhaps you could start by building a simple AM radio from scratch and then see how you feel about attempting an FM radio.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
    heshamal likes this.
  6. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Do you want to build a functional AM/FM radio or are you simply experimenting in order to learn about radios?

Why not start of with a simple AM crystal radio?

You cannot get any simpler than this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
    absf likes this.
  7. heshamal

Dec 29, 2014
    Thank you .. I want to build a functional AM/FM or a simple am radio from scratch any ideas ?

8. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    It is one or the other, not both.
    Did you see my post?

9. heshamal

Dec 29, 2014
    I see your post .. thank you for the crystal radio .. but I want to start with functional am radio first .. the gool is to make am-fm functional radio .. I want ideas to start .. thank you

10. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    An AM/FM radio is not simple.

If you want to build an AM radio in stages from scratch then start with the circuit I showed you. It uses only four components.

11. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    I can sell you a parts kit for AM radio

12. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    If you google "AM radio schematic" you will find many designs of varying complexity so choose one you like (come back here and get an opinion if you're not sure), buy the components, and get soldering ; I don't understand what more you want.

13. heshamal

Dec 29, 2014
    Thank you I Already chose a schematic 1 - MK484 for AM Radio 2-TDA7000 for FM Radio and I will try