Silabs Crossbar question

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by RamaD, Jan 29, 2013.

1. RamaD

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I am using Silabs C8051F580.
    My question is, when a digital peripheral is assigned to a port pin by the cross bar, will the port latch output be disconnected from that pin?
    The reason for my question is, I am using 5 port output pins in P4. The remaining three pins have been assigned as RX, TX and MOSI by the Crossbar. While outputting to any of the 5, I need to read the port and set the bits required, and then output to the port. Will this affect the 3 pins assigned by the cross bar? Atleast as for Rx is concerned, I can make that bit High (Open Drain) so that will not be affected. But about the other two, which are set as PUSH/PULL outputs?
    Thanks in advance.

2. RamaD

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Resolved - From Silabs Support Knowledgebase

Once a pin has been assigned a function by the crossbar, it can no longer be used as a general purpose I/O pin. The peripheral assigned to the pin controls the latch value and the device will ignore the latch value set by firmware. For all digital pins, firmware will be able read the logic input state of the pin.