Signal Synchronization

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by jdkowalski2, Apr 22, 2013.

1. jdkowalski2

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Hey all,
    So I am having a bit of trouble with some inputs on a board I am working on. It is a DDS setup. (http://www.analog.com/en/rfif-components/direct-digital-synthesis-dds/ad9910/products/product.html if anyone cares) The board is controlled via USB using labVIEW to work switching on 4 of the input pins on each board. The setup we have works fine except for issue -- on our longer cabled inputs, sometimes one of the input signals comes in about 5-10 ns late than the others -- during which time the DDS board will not accept changes in a bit, and rather ignore them. For the record, this is not a data line, it simply controls what register is accessed on the board, so it won't switch quickly. I need to set up a board to accept incoming signals, delay 10-15 ns, during which it picks up and holds all of the other signals, then dumps them afterwards.
    The thing that I am unsure of is how to set something up that will send a 1 when a state changes, which can be reset at the end of a delay period.
    Any ideas? This may be fairly obvious, I haven't done too much circuit design.
    Thanks in advance,
    JD

2. vk6zgo

Jul 21, 2012
    Make all the cables the same length.

3. jdkowalski2

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    This was previously suggested, el hefe does not like it.