Signal Converter

BXL

Joined Nov 19, 2013
I have to do a signal converter circuit for coursework.
This circuit should transform an sine wave input in a square wave, sawtooth wave and in triangular wave with same frequency, amplitude and Dc offset from the input

The sine wave input could has amplitude varing from o to 2, and it could have a +/- 5 DC offset.

To build this circuit I can use just Opamps, Transistors(Mosfet), and diodes.

In thought passing my input wave in a half-wave rectifier circuit and then pass it output in low-pass filter to get it offset. it works fine, for a 2V amplitude wave, but it fails for other amplitudes.

To transform the wave i use a high-pass filter to get the sine ana make it pass for a comparator, then i use a sommator and a inverter.It works ok for an 2V amplitude input.
To the triangular output I'm doing something similar( after the input I pass it throught a OpAmp integrator.

I haven`t tried the sawtoooth yet.
Hope someone can help me

BXL

Joined Nov 19, 2013
I checked this circuit, but it doesn't work for me.
I uses BJT transistor. As I said I can just use MOSFETs

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Most (not all) circuits that use BJT can be converted to an equivalent FET-based circuit fairly easily, and vice-versa.

BXL

Joined Nov 19, 2013
Anyone know how can I make the output wave has the same amplitude than the input sine wave?

Last edited:

BXL

Joined Nov 19, 2013
I already made the square and the tringular.Anyone know how can I get a sawtooth wave from a sine or aquare wave? I can just use Mosfet and OpAmps, capacitors, basically analogic components.

Last edited:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You could use an opamp to make a constant-current source, use that to charge a cap, detect when the cap voltage reaches the sine (or square) peak amplitude, then discharge the cap rapidly.