Signal Conditioning a Load Cell

kleezmaa

Joined Apr 10, 2012
Thanks for replying Ron.

Although I would like less noise from my measurements, whats more important right now is to get the right values, at least within a reasonable error range. I'm fine with a few lbs fluctuation but I can't take a 20%+ error in my load readings. Thing is at high loads the fluctuations are ~1-2 lbs for a 100 lb load, but the actual values are way off. For example putting 55 lbs gives me a 42 lb readout.

I basically want to know are my calculations for what the load would be sound for a 2.0918 mV/V readout at 3,000 lbs? (my excitation voltage being 9.95V and ~480 gain). I literally have 2 days to figure this out, including today and that's why I want to skip the noise issue because the gigantic error in my readout is far more important. I will try to post my actual setup when I get a chance but if you could please comment on my approach to signal conditioning/amplifying my signal and getting a good readout (even with noise) that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
in real world applications, one would adjust offest and gain repeatidly until span and scale fell into acceptable terms. Choosing dummy loads at the extremes of range help in accurated adjustments. So your calcs may be a good starting point, but that's about it.