Shutter programmer

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Tester71, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Tester71

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Hello everyone.

I am thinking about installing window shutter motors, and I would like to make some shutter programmer.

I have to find out about how that motors work. For example, I don`t know if they have a some limit switches. By now, I don’t have them installed....but I started to think about how to make some little programmer (by hour)....Simply one our to open....one our to close.....I was thinking about using a little 220v programmer (by day, by our), or using two simple alarm clocks for the two actions.
    And after having something to trigger the event, I could trigger some switch/relay for some delay to open or close the shutter.

If that motors have the limit switches, it doesn’t mother if I exceed the time to fully open or fully close.
    If they don’t have that limit sitches, I could try a delay operation below the limit point.

Have you tried to make something like this? Some advice?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  2. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    This is very similar to a chicken coop door opener/closer. There are several threads about them on this site and elsewhere. Limit switches are normally used.

3. Tester71

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Thank you, I will search for something like you wrote.
    Thanks.