Should i use a Full HD Satellite Reciever for Full HD TV ?

Mohamed Farghaly

Joined Oct 19, 2015
Hi there, i am using one of these out-of-date CRT TVs and iam getting a brand new 50" Full HD TV very soon, currently iam using a satellite receiver that i don't know any of its specs but someone told me that it will work fine with the new tv... what do you think about that ? should i buy a new Full HD satellite receiver too ?

thanks for your time :)

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC
If you wish to view Full HD movies from any source ( that can play HD movies or program) get a Full HD TV.

And if you wish to view satellite HD programs you need a Sat receiver that supports the HD programs, So I guess you need both to be HD thingies..eh!
A normal receiver will work on HD TV's...No problem

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I went though the same exercise recently. Went from a CRT to a 55 inch led HD smart TV. I had a standard definition satellite receiver that I used for a while with it, until I told DirecTV to take a hike. The difference standard definition and HD on a big screen is huge.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
So are you just doing over-the-air now, or did you go with a different provider?
Yes, we are currently using over the air, Netflix, and Amazon prime. DirecTV prices got way out of budget.

@R!f@@
Good Will would not take our old, but fully functional CRT TV, so I sat it on the corner with a sign saying "FREE TV, WORKS GREAT". It was gone in 10 minutes.:)