Should i use a Full HD Satellite Reciever for Full HD TV ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mohamed Farghaly, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Mohamed Farghaly

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Hi there, i am using one of these out-of-date CRT TVs and iam getting a brand new 50" Full HD TV very soon, currently iam using a satellite receiver that i don't know any of its specs but someone told me that it will work fine with the new tv... what do you think about that ? should i buy a new Full HD satellite receiver too ?

thanks for your time :)

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Welcome to AAC
    If you wish to view Full HD movies from any source ( that can play HD movies or program) get a Full HD TV.

And if you wish to view satellite HD programs you need a Sat receiver that supports the HD programs, So I guess you need both to be HD thingies..eh!
    A normal receiver will work on HD TV's...No problem

3. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    I went though the same exercise recently. Went from a CRT to a 55 inch led HD smart TV. I had a standard definition satellite receiver that I used for a while with it, until I told DirecTV to take a hike. The difference standard definition and HD on a big screen is huge.

4. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    @Lestraveled

You kicked out the old companion you had since CRT's..Not very polite you know. Think of all the lonely nights you spent together.

5. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    So are you just doing over-the-air now, or did you go with a different provider?

6. Mohamed Farghaly

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 19, 2015
    thanks guys for your concern :) it is awosome to be a part of this community :)

7. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    Yes, we are currently using over the air, Netflix, and Amazon prime. DirecTV prices got way out of budget.

@R!f@@
    Good Will would not take our old, but fully functional CRT TV, so I sat it on the corner with a sign saying "FREE TV, WORKS GREAT". It was gone in 10 minutes.:)

R!f@@ likes this.