Short range beacon

Cris909

Joined May 4, 2014
Hello,

I'm very new to electronic projects but I'm working on a short range beacon. I want to use 2 seperate transceivers, and I want one of the transceivers to send a continuous beacon for 1,000 ft. I've posted about this before but now I'm looking for a chip.

Does anyone have a microchip they can recommend for me to use?
I want to make it from scratch. Any advice/input is always appreciated.

Cordially,
Cris

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
What do you mean by requirements?
What else is this "device" supposed to do?
Is it underwater?
Is it through free air?
Through walls?
What do the other parts of this device do?

The more info the better the answers.

If you state other parts of the problem a single solution that covers it all might be presented.

We basically know you need have a signal that goes for 1000ft.. But what about the second transceiver? What happens with this beacon? etc....

Cris909

Joined May 4, 2014
What else is this "device" supposed to do?
Is it underwater?
Is it through free air?
Through walls?
What do the other parts of this device do?

The more info the better the answers.

If you state other parts of the problem a single solution that covers it all might be presented.

We basically know you need have a signal that goes for 1000ft.. But what about the second transceiver? What happens with this beacon? etc....
The first transceivers only function will be to send a constant beacon that can only be recognized by my second transceiver and can be recognized through obstacles such as walls and weather proof.
The second transceivers only function will be to receive that unique beacon once it's within range and cause an LED light that I will connect to it to light up.

Both transceivers need to be waterproof and both need to be able to work while moving.
Each one will be connected to an rc cars battery as its power source, hence why they both need to be mobile..

Cris909

Joined May 4, 2014
What is a beacon, what does it do, how is it recognized, what is done with the information that it transmits?
There is no information, is just a signal and the only thing that it does is cause the paired receiver to light up an LED. That's it really