Short Circuit

paul12

Joined Feb 2, 2012
Hello everyone, i need some help my laptop when i lift it ,it retarts as though it had a short circuit,problem is i don't know what is causing this.....

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
If it had a short circuit when you lifted it, it would probably emit smoke and not turn back on.

You really aren't giving us much information. It could be a bad solder joint on the motherboard somewhere; when you pick it up, the board is flexed slightly and the circuit is momentarily broken.

If you are not experienced with electronics, you should probably take it to a computer repair shop. Laptops can be pretty tough to work on.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Do you mean when you tilt the screen up to expose the keyboard/display? if so this is a VERY common issue on laptops and is caused by pinching/tear in the cables for the display. Open the case, find the wires and repair the nicked wire.

paul12

Joined Feb 2, 2012
Well about the laptop, wheneva i lift it on the side of the video card it restarts, i don't what causes it,i actually noticed it today ,

holnis

Joined Nov 25, 2011
Maybe it is a heat issue, Download Everest [spy-ware free] and check your temperature on the sensor section.

From the other side, Does the system produce any errors?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
This happens to SOME laptops.

The metal contacts which the battery presses against become flattened, and no longer make good contact. Any leverage which tilts the board allow the contacts to momentarily lose connection.

Use a tool that can reach behind the tabs and gently, put more bend into the metal contacts, so that they make a more forceful contact with the battery terminals.