Shift register/serial logic voltages

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by pfelectronicstech, Sep 8, 2012.

1. pfelectronicstech

Thread Starter Member

Jan 18, 2012
    I'm having trouble with this question. Any help will be appreciated.

A device that acts as a many bit shift register while accepting serial logic voltages is?

1 Analog switch
    2 Hall effect device
    3 push-pull amp
    4 charge coupled device

My hunch is 1, any hints or info, big thanks.

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  3. pfelectronicstech

Thread Starter Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Thank you, got it. Its a CCD, found it in my book as well as Wikipedia. Thank you very much.

4. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    While CCD is clearly the answer, I think the question could be much better written since a CCD works not just with "logic" voltages (which implies just the voltages associated with logic levels), but with analog voltages having nothing to do logic at all.

pfelectronicstech likes this.
  5. pfelectronicstech

Thread Starter Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Yeah some of the questions are a bit awkward. Here is what is funny about Electronics that I have found. I could ask a pretty normal electronics question in multiple forums and will get many different interpretations from experienced Electronics technicians. I often get also "that questioned could have been asked this way instead and have been more clear, but its all in the way the author was taught". I find that fascinating, it tells me Electronics is complicated, and takes a few technicians sometimes to get to the right answer, or to get to the right solution.
    My friends are are absolutely floored by how much is involved with this ET program. I mean its something like 75 books, 52 exams and its not easy. They are floored by how much info there is to learn about Electronics.

6. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I believe that:
    (1) What you are saying is absolutely true.
    (2) It is far from restricted to just electronics.

If it weren't really widespread, out legal system would be a LOT less busy!

pfelectronicstech likes this.
  7. pfelectronicstech

Thread Starter Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Thanks again WBahn, interesting observations. This may sound corny, but I find Electronics fascinating. This program is fascinating, I had no idea what i got myself into when I started this program but its been some learning experience. 6 more exams and roughly, 12 more books and I get my diploma.