Share photos of your workbench

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
This thread is starting to gain some life. I like it. Like to see more of the senior members kicking in here. I am sure you guys have some nice looking rooms. I am still working on mine. Hoping to have it in here some time next week. Just getting everything in order. Thanks for the replies guys.

BReeves

Joined Nov 24, 2012
A couple photos of one side of my shop taken a year ago showing my electronics bench in the background. I do all kinds of stuff from model airplanes to electronics, working on computers, welding, building gun parts and working on our cars. The metal lathe and mill are on the other side of the shop. Think I have most of you beat in the messy category.

Attachments

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Think I have most of you beat in the messy category.
You are too organized.:p I am a number one type packrat. Three bay garage (barn) but have so much stuff and projects going, that I have to work on cars in the driveway. To be featured on "Hoarders", I'd have to spend a month cleaning up.:D

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Tell me about it. I went from owning three repair shops and living in a large house with a big basement workshop area, to moving all that accumulated equipment and parts into one small house, and adding a lot of new equipment too.

Inwo's and BReeves' workshops look truly spacious and neat to me. ;)

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
A couple photos of one side of my shop taken a year ago showing my electronics bench in the background. I do all kinds of stuff from model airplanes to electronics, working on computers, welding, building gun parts and working on our cars. The metal lathe and mill are on the other side of the shop. Think I have most of you beat in the messy category.
Are you selling and repairing the electronics stuff?

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
My philosophy of life has been, "if you can see bench top or floor, you need more stuff". Although the collecting has slowed down dramatically since I retired. They threw out such great stuff at work!

Last edited:

BReeves

Joined Nov 24, 2012
Are you selling and repairing the electronics stuff?
A little bit of both... I'm really a software developer with an electronics background. 20 years ago I started a company that manufactured and sold systems that take photos of people on roller coasters. I downsized the company 5 years ago and semi retired.

Now I'm a one man show still maintaining the old systems and selling a new system that customers can install and maintain themselves. Part of the system involves what we call trigger electronics. A circuit that uses the output from various types of sensors, debounces and tells the system when to shoot the photo. Another circuit uses a PIC controlling relays which controls the camera lens. This is where the electronics bench comes into play.

What I'm looking for now (but haven't really advertised for) is someone that I can turn everything over to and really retire. It's an interesting field and allot of money can be made if you are willing to travel and are dedicated. Most of the work is in amusement parks and carnivals. I just haven't taken the time to sit down and figure out what to say in advertising the company and what kind of deal I would be willing to work out.

This is my web site.
http://www.somethinxtra.com/

BReeves

Joined Nov 24, 2012
My philosophy of life has been, "if you can see bench top or floor, you need more stuff". Although the collecting has slowed down dramatically since I retired. The threw out such great stuff at work!
Good friend of mine says..
"If a little is good, more must certainly be better and too much is just right"