seven segment programming with vb

mchoud

Joined Feb 24, 2010
Dear All

I want to make 4 digit seven segment and control it with vb6. Could anyone advise me, where do i can read the knowledge or discussion about it.

Thanks
Best Regards
Kholid

Leigh

Joined Feb 11, 2010
What are the specifications of the "4 digit seven segment" you will use? What output port of what computer system will you use?

Tahmid

Joined Jul 2, 2008
You can uses the MSCOMM object for serial communication and from the serial port, use a microcontroller to receive the data and drive the seven segments. You can also use the parallel port, and use a microcontroller again. You can use USB, although that would become very complex.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

symqwerty

Joined Feb 22, 2010
Dear All

I want to make 4 digit seven segment and control it with vb6. Could anyone advise me, where do i can read the knowledge or discussion about it.

Thanks
Best Regards
Kholid
Could you explain more abt this? You can use serial port. There are a lot of articles/example out there that use serial port to control some external hardware. Since you're using VB6, i recommend you to use mscomm32.ocx. This object allow you to access your PC serial port. You also need MCU or any logic circuitry to decode and drive the 7segments.

Harrington

Joined Dec 19, 2009
You could also use the Maxim 8 bit seven segment range of Led drivers suggest the MAX 7219 this uses the SPI interface using languages such as C or Visual basic If you are using the parallel port you will need a third party driver on xp such as INPOUT32.dll in combination with your VB or C or Delphi project

Data sheets can be obtained www.datasheetcatalog.com
Hope this proves to be of some assistance to you