seven segment interfacing with microcontroller STM32F030C6

Dimpi

Joined Sep 6, 2013
hi all,

Please tell me how to decide which pins of microcontroller to be connected with the seven segment display??m using STM32F030C6...
it is even not mentioned in the datasheet which ports are to be used for seven segment display??please guide in dis.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The decision of which pins to use for interfacing remains the same for every mcu.

Firstly, determine how many pins will be needed.

Dimpi

Joined Sep 6, 2013
The decision of which pins to use for interfacing remains the same for every mcu.

Firstly, determine how many pins will be needed.

M using overall 6 seven sgment display...
14 pins of mcu are needed.
one for dp pin
6 for cc pin(display)
7 for a,b,c,d,e,f,g..
nw how to decide which pins are to be connected to which pins of microcontroller??

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
M using overall 6 seven sgment display...
14 pins of mcu are needed.
one for dp pin
6 for cc pin(display)
7 for a,b,c,d,e,f,g..
nw how to decide which pins are to be connected to which pins of microcontroller??
Use Port A (8 bits) and B (9 bits), if they are output ports, decide if your using common Anode or Cathode displays and use PNP or NPN transistors to feed the anode/Cathodes, and use 330 ohms resistors to feed the segments direct from the port pins,

here is an example

Dimpi

Joined Sep 6, 2013
Use Port A (8 bits) and B (9 bits), if they are output ports, decide if your using common Anode or Cathode displays and use PNP or NPN transistors to feed the anode/Cathodes, and use 330 ohms resistors to feed the segments direct from the port pins,

here is an example
sir i have used 680 ohm resistor(i dont know whether m r8 or wrong)...how to decide the resistance value??
i have decided it this way3.3V/5mA=680ohm.

5 amp is what the port of microcontroller can sink(given in datasheet)??
plzz put some light in it..please guide me with correct thing if m wrong.