Seven second timer

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Grant2120, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Grant2120

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Hello, I am looking for or to make a timer that will stay on for seven seconds and then go off. I need it to reset as soon as the power is disconnected too it. I am not really sure what I need so any help would be much appreciated. If I am able to buy one that would be good or if I have to make one I would need detailed instructions I am very lost about this whole idea.
    Pretty much a turn on the key a light will stay on for seven seconds then go off turn off the key and turn it back on it will do it again. Thanks in advance
    Grant.

2. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    Google 555 monostable.

Google 555 timer.

Google MK111.

If you want to build something, ask again. :)

3. Grant2120

Mar 30, 2013
    http://www.apogeekits.com/interval_timer_555.htm

Would this timer do what I need it to do? It is very important that I do not have to break the ground for it to reset to be able to do the seven seconds again. Like as soon as I turn off the key I can turn it back on again and it work. I currently have a timer but you have to break the ground before it can run its cycle, which will not work for what I am trying to do.

4. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    In order to know exactly what you need, we must know exactly what you want to do. We must also know what you are going to use for power. A schematic drawing is the language of electronics. If you can draw a diagram of what you want, that will be a big help. It doesn't have to be pretty.

5. Grant2120

Mar 30, 2013
    Basicly what it is, You turn the ignition key on which would start the timer which would power a light for the seven seconds, and then go off. Once the light goes off you would turn the key off and turn it back on again and it would run the Seven seconds again. Its a 12v system in a car. I have a timer now that does that but, you have to break the ground before it will reset I think is the term I need, or you have to wait around 10 seconds and thats what I the problem is, I need it so I dont have to wait any time before it can run its cycle again. I hope that makes sense.

6. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    Oops. The TOS for this web site doesn't allow discussions of automobile modifications. Sorry.