servo motor

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by kvsr_in, Jul 2, 2013.

1. kvsr_in

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 2, 2013
    I have Akai GX-77 tape recorders it is working well with 7.5 speed and it has some issue with 3.34 speed as it is going up and down pl help me to know the solution

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    The Completed Projects Forum is for Completed Projects only. It is meant to allow members to show plans for projects they built so other members can duplicate them if desired. New threads are also automatically moderated per Moderator review for this reason. Your thread does not belong in this forum, and was moved here.

3. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    I don't think a servo motor has anything to do with your problem. The most common reasons for your problem are: dirty or worn drive rollers, stretched tape, or a reel that is pinching the tape. Use some alcohol to clean the rollers, get a new tape, record on it at 3 3/4 ips, play it back at 3 3/4 ips, and see if your problem goes away.

4. Johnsleo

Jul 3, 2013
    When choosing for a specific model for servo motors one has to look some extra features. Always look for high performing and low cogging magnets made from neodynium-iron-boron or similar materials.