Servo Commander

moh

Joined Apr 23, 2009
Hi,
I am trying to make a circuit from this website

http://www.rentron.com/servo.htm

Servo Commander, what power supply do I need , also can I use small Pic(PIC12C508A-04/P) instead of pic16f84 .How can I calculate Mclr resistor for Pic.Can I use 6v instead of 5v without using any voltage regulator

For servo machine also will 6v do without the need of any other components in between.

In last is 4mhz resonator and 1 capacitor which is used in project very necessary.

Thanks

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Yes, you can use the smaller micros for servo control. I recommend the 12F508 rather than the 12C unless you only want OTP. The 12F6XX offer a little more capability, but if all you need to do is move the servo, the 12F508 should be fine. The 12F5XX does not allow interrupts.

As for voltage, that micro is rated to only 5.5V. I would not run it at 6 volts.

I just use the internal oscillator. But, you haven't said anything about how accurate you need your timings to be.

4.7 K for the MCLR resistor is commonly used.

You can probably run the servo at 6V and the micro at 5V without a problem, so long as you have a common ground. Many people run their servos at 6V with receivers at 4.8 V without problems.

John