Serial communication with PIC16f628a

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by Brendow, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Brendow

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Hey folks, I need your help again.

Well it's the final project of this semester, it's a "simple" pic project (Using a Pic to control Relays/Leds and an LCD panel) but with a plus, we have to make a serial connexion between the Pic/Pc, it would be simple if it was just the simulation on isis, but he actually wants us to develop a whole interface to make the communication between the PC/PIC, I mean if I type something on PC something happens on the LCD panel.

Here starts the whole trouble, I don't know much of Object-oriented programming, well I saw some videos and doing the window/interface seem to be quite simple on netbeans, but how I'm supposed to make the pic understand the data sent by the interface, how do I do the communication between them?

I'm pretty sure that it's a "library" thing, but IDK, I would be grateful if there's any tutorial or anyone explaining how can I do this.
  2. MaxHeadRoom

Jul 18, 2013
    This is essentially what is done with such as Modbus master/slave via RS485, where it sends packets of data with the I/O bits/words embedded, I have simulated a similar thing using RS232, there is also master slave using I2c.
    There is a tutorial here and although it is in assembler, it may help with the concept.
    Brendow likes this.
  3. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    That software BTW, I applied it and works like a charm.
  4. Brendow

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Thanks! I'm gonna check it