Serial communication between two microcontrollers

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by jayec1a, Sep 12, 2012.

1. jayec1a

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 28, 2012
    hi!! i want some help in my project about serial communication between two 8051 mcs. I want an assembly program, and yes i want two serially transfer data between two 8051 mc only!! No pc comes in between!!!! please help me!!!
    thanks in advance :)

2. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    Connect RX from one 8051 to TX of the other and vise versa.... configure the UARTS and write code to send and receive data....

If you need sample code use google to do a search there are plenty of examples out there like this >> http://www.atmel.com/tools/CODEEXAMPLESFOR8051UART.aspx

3. Arm_n_Legs

Mar 7, 2007
    Initialising your serial comm:
    MOV SCON,#50H
    MOV TMOD,#20H
    MOV TH1,#0FDH
    SETB TR1

Transmit:
    MOV SUF,'A'
    WAIT: JNB TI,WAIT

Receive:
    JNB RI,ELSEWHERE
    MOV A,SBUF

4. olphart

Sep 22, 2012
    Howdy, roll your own (as I did) or use the uC modules' version. I prefer mine, if only that if (when) it fails, I can trace it since I wrote it. That, and I inevitably need to port it to a uC that doesn't have the module. This also allows for variables to define timings (delays) as required for any of the devices in the bus/link.

While an async link is easy, it's also (comparatively) slow. An I2C link is as fast as each state machine can keep up; with both ends in assembler, it Flies. Good Hunting... <<<)))