sequential led turn signals motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

raggededgge

Joined Apr 3, 2010
Hello new to this forum
I was looking around and saw some circuits by sgtwookie and Bill_marsden
regarding sequential turn signals wondering if these would work for me.
I can buy led light strips that accept 12vdc they can be separated into 5 led clusters. Would like to turn them on sequentially 5, 10, 15, 25 all remaining lit and then starting over. The bike is newer and has an electronic flasher with auto cancel. Do I need to use a relay to get a constant 12vdc or would I be able to sequence with the flash rate of bikes flasher which is I believe 60 flashes per minute.
Thanks in advance for any assistance
greg

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Sorry.

Due to recent events where automotive turn/brake signals have become a legal and safety issue, we no longer support discussions of this nature.

You are strongly advised to make no changes to your existing lighting.

raggededgge

Joined Apr 3, 2010
hi thanks for response
I didn't want to integrate the brakes with the signals which are illegal. The sequential turns aren't illegal in Colorado
Regards Greg

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Still, we have no way to ensure that modifications that you make will comply with all applicable codes/regulations/laws, and that your use of materials/workmanship is satisfactory.

Therefore, the only recommendation that we can make is to maintain your exterior vehicle lighting in accordance with how it was equipped at the factory.

There will be no more discussions on modifications of park/brake/turn signals.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That is correct. We have too wide an audience to promote circuits that may be unsafe or illegal in different localities.

Status
Not open for further replies.