Sequential LED DRL Rewiring Question

platinumfusion

Joined Aug 6, 2016
Hey everyone, I need some help with rewiring some LEDs. I bought a DRL kit for my car (those long strips of LEDs you see on cars, used as fog lights). They are hooked up to my turn signal, so they blink when its engaged. However, they all blink at the same time. I want to rewire it so its sequential, so the LEDs "build up" to being all on and then start the process over again. (YouTube video for reference
) What will I need to do in order to achieve this goal? Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
However if you're about to do this - you'll have to rewire your LED-s - and this is just a start of the head ace - those things are likey weather proof sealed - so if you scratch off the coating - you expose copper - to successfully reseal it - you need special chemicals and coating materials - you also have to design the thing from beginning so that it can be fitted to your vehicle in some normal means - so the place woudn't look like having had a rat attack . . . the long story short - you need to master any aspect of this project - let someone who does it every day to do it - one thing is get those lights running - another thing is what was just told - time is money - you'll probably spend much more of both doing it yourself

in principle me myself can program something like Google Earth - only i also know how much time it'll take and how much more it will to keep it up to date with ever advancing firmware and software - basically it becomes a lifestyle then - or a full time job - that's why the persons having a speciffic lifestyle do THE JOB and you do your lifestyle - everyone's happy.

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
It is a complete product that will do something similar to what shows on the video in the first post.

just lacking some cables and the LED-s
(the ESD sensitivity not mentioned in user manual - thus they rely on their professional installation note e.g. you have to know when and how to pick up the not connected circuit board . . . solder something to it safely --- it's mostly not so critical - but you newer know)​

it's factory programmed , if you want a custom LED sequences , once again i'd find a person who has this Pickit3 USB Programmer and let it do the job , unless you have to continuously use it
( the worst thing that can happen is - power out - or interference (bad contact) during chip write - and it becomes unresponsive - using std. connectors it's hard to mess up the wires )​