sequencer?

mbowen

Joined Apr 14, 2014
I am trying to use one button to advance a set of LED's to the naxt stage, but not with timing. I.e. one push, LED 1 lights up during the button push and shuts off at completion of push, push the button again and LED 2 lights up for duration of push... I have 3 LED's. I need it to reset with button 2 push though. I've thought about using a 4017, am I able to do this by using the button to activate the clock and trigger? I'm having a brain fart right now. I need to do this with no programming, by using only IC circuits.

Thank you!!

mbowen

Joined Apr 14, 2014
I will be triggering through a 555 delay on one-shot timer and an and-gate to debounce the signal and provide an approx 2.5s delay to the button push to "verify" that its not an accidental activation

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
You are most of the way there. The 4017 gets you up counting and decoding. For each of the three outputs, run each one through an AND gate. The 2nd inputs to each gate are tied together to the button #1 signal. That way each AND output is a combination of its decoded state and the button press.

ak