Sequenced toggle switch circuit that operates multiple relays

Nocapacity

Joined Sep 3, 2015
Hi, I've made a toggle switch circuit using a 555 timer. This works fine and drives a relay which in turn drives a motor.
I was wondering if there was a way of integrating a 4017 chip into this so I can have multiple switches that drive multiple relays in sequence. For example I would press switch 1 and the first relay would operate, then a reed switch (switch 2) would be triggered which would then operate the 2nd relay, and so on. I was going to link the differing toggle/relay circuits with transistor logic, (so switch 1 can't be operated again, if the 2nd relay is operated) but I just thought that the 4017 might enable me to have one toggle circuit that operates multiple relays.

I'm no expert (obviously) and so I'm sorry if I'm missing anything and if my descriptions are poorly phrased. I'm only driving 9v relays at the moment, but would probably look at increasing this once I have the circuitry worked out.

Many thanks,

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Using 555 as monoshot multivibrator and set the time from 1/10 seconds to try.
switch → 555 monshot(0.1sec) → CD4017 → NPN bjt → Relay.

Nocapacity

Joined Sep 3, 2015
I've probably not explained myself very well, but the toggle will start a motor (1st relay) that will turn something round until a reed switch is activated and this turns off the first relay and activates the 2nd relay. I don't want everything to be triggered from the one switch, I need specific relays to be activated by specific switches.

switch 1 - activates relay 1,
relay 1 switches off/ and relay 2 switches on when reed switch (switch 2) activated
relay 2 switches off when another reed switch (switch 3) is activated, which in turn activates relay 3

Thanks,