sepic converter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by TAKYMOUNIR, Jun 9, 2015.

1. TAKYMOUNIR

Thread Starter Active Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Is Sepic converter good for 200W,input voltage from(100-1000vdc) and output is 200vdc and output current is 1a

2. cabraham

Oct 29, 2011
    I would go w/ a buck-boost if isolation is not required. For isolated (off-line) converters, a forward converter would be my choice for these specs. Please be very careful. A thousand volts is never to be taken lightly.

Claude

3. TAKYMOUNIR

Thread Starter Active Member

Jun 23, 2008
    my boss ask me to do it with Sepic, so is this possible

4. AnalogKid

Distinguished Member

Aug 1, 2013
    It is possible, but relatively impractical. A SEPIC converter is one of several buck/boost topologies. I've tried one a couple of times, and always found them to be a bit quirky compared to other designs. But the big problem you'll have is the 9:1 input voltage range. That's a lot to ask from whatever the magnetic structure is. Standard parts and app notes probably won't work without a lot of adjusting.

ak

5. AnalogKid

Distinguished Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Nice rig. How do you like the hammered ride, and how do you keep from chipping it when going for the tom?

ak

6. cabraham

Oct 29, 2011
    I love the hammered ride, K custom model. I just hit the tom and avoid the ride, sometimes I end up hitting it anyway. Also FWIW, this K custom ride model can also serve as a crash. Not a true crash, as its weight makes it slow to respond. But if you want a very loud, and sustained crash, it works great. I really love the "K" series of cymbals, dark shimmering sound. I also have a lot of "A" series as well. They are brighter sounding. Thanks for the interest.

Claude