Separating metal/non metals w/ indudive sensor

Magnanimous96

Joined Feb 16, 2016
hello? hi , i am alyn and i am a student. I just want to ask something about my final year project , could you guys help me about the circuit? My project is about separating metal and non metal object on the mini conveyor with counter. So I just want to use IR sensor on the beginning on the conveyor as my switch to ON the dc motor, then I use inductive proximity sensor to detect the object is metal or non metal . If the object is metal, the sensor as the switch to the small linear actuator and the linear actuator push the metal object from the conveyor.Thus, on the same spot, I also put another IR sensor and connect with the counter to count the object that pass it.
Do you guys think this kind of circuit can be used ?

and 1 more think, how can I connect the inductive sensor with the actuator ? i have no any of experience in this kind of connecting sensor in a circuit . Please help me T.T. Just give any suggestion on this, its just a mini prototype of project .

Attachments

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
hello? hi , i am alyn and i am a student. I just want to ask something about my final year project , could you guys help me about the circuit? My project is about separating metal and non metal object on the mini conveyor with counter. So I just want to use IR sensor on the beginning on the conveyor as my switch to ON the dc motor, then I use inductive proximity sensor to detect the object is metal or non metal . If the object is metal, the sensor as the switch to the small linear actuator and the linear actuator push the metal object from the conveyor.Thus, on the same spot, I also put another IR sensor and connect with the counter to count the object that pass it.
Do you guys think this kind of circuit can be used ?

and 1 more think, how can I connect the inductive sensor with the actuator ? i have no any of experience in this kind of connecting sensor in a circuit . Please help me T.T. Just give any suggestion on this, its just a mini prototype of project .
I apologize that I don't apprehend your question:confused: ---Do you require assistance designing the sensor or merely the 'electromechanics' of the sorting mechanism? -- Re: the 'inductive sensor': Please note that certain 'cast' ferromagnetic metals (e.g. 'brittle' cast iron), and, especially, ferromagnetic ceramics (e.g. 'ferrite') exhibit 'negative' hysteresis -- hence, if such substances are to be sorted as metals, the sensor must act bi-directionally...

Best regards and good luck!:)
HP

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Re: the 'inductive sensor': Please note that certain 'cast' ferromagnetic metals (e.g. 'brittle' cast iron), and, especially, ferromagnetic ceramics (e.g. 'ferrite') exhibit 'negative' hysteresis
That's why heterodyne type metal detector's pitch goes down instead of up with stuff like that:)! Super high carbon steel like file and also taconite ore also has opposite hysteresis like that! Maybe iron powder core material too?