sensor input voltage

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by haneys, May 30, 2012.

1. haneys

Thread Starter New Member

May 25, 2012
    Hi.. i would like to ask about ccd sensor.. i know that ccd linear image sensor is a sensitive device and i heard that in order to supply the voltage u must slowly increasing the input voltage (here is 5v and 9v). how does "increasing slowly" means? how slow is it? hope u guys can help me, i afraid to test it straight away, damage might occur to the sensor, n its expensive to me..please do guide me.. thankz thankz thankz..

here is the datasheet,if needed.. (Sony ILX 551a)

2. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    Bad "datasheet" link.

Ken

3. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    I am quite sure the datasheet is from a site blocked by AAC. I do not remember the site name. It is docscribe or something like that

4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Indeed the site where the datasheet is stored is blocked by the AAC.
    There are several filesharing sites blocked as a lot of copyrighted material was linked over here.

If you want to provide the datasheet, either upload it to the forum or link it directly from the manufacturer.

Bertus

5. BSomer

Dec 28, 2011
    According to a quick search I did there is a chip specifically made to control the ILX 551A... Anyway. Here are some datasheets for those that are more knowledgable about these things than I am...

haneys likes this.
  6. haneys

May 25, 2012
    sorry my bad..im new.. :) then, anybody know how actually to supply the voltage?

7. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    According to the data sheet it's not the speed of bring up the power supply voltages but the sequence.
    The Note on page 2 states:
    "Rules for raising and lowering power supply voltage
    To raise power supply voltage, first raise VDD1 (9V) and then VDD2 (5V).
    To lower voltage, first lower VDD2 (5V) and then VDD1 (9V)."

Thus you should have an interlock circuit that prevents the 5V from being applied if the 9V is not applied. Basically this could be a PMOSFET switch in series with the +5V that is turned on by a comparator only when VDD1 is near 9V (say >8.5V).

haneys likes this.
  8. haneys

May 25, 2012
    Yes, i noticed that.. :) Then actually no need to increase the voltage slowly until get 9v and 5v? for the first work i am just going to supply the voltage using voltage supplier manually.. thanks..

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Right. Sequence, not speed.

haneys likes this.
  10. haneys

May 25, 2012
    may i know one more thing. im using arduino uno to trigger the sensor, n by using coding below i obtained the signal, but, it shows the signal is only 2V magnitude of voltage.. but, base on datasheet, its seems like it need 5V magnitude voltage.. how can i make it to get 5V..? or is it ok with 2V representing 'high' logic? below is the code tq very much..

Code:
    #include <util/delay.h>
    int rog = 8;
    void setup() {
    pinMode(rog, OUTPUT); }
    void loop(){
    while (1)
    {

digitalWrite(rog, HIGH);
    _delay_ms(600);
    digitalWrite(rog, LOW);
    _delay_ms(600);
    }

}

11. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Just make sure you apply the 9V before the 5V and shut off the 5V before the 9V. If you don't, you may zap the chip. :eek: