Sensor Help

Elecmanic

Joined May 12, 2010
Hi

I am working on a project and i had to blast up an HP printer for some components.
I needed a light type of sensor which it actually reads every time it is crossed.
It seems that is used to read revolutions, a spot is made at a certain point and when it is crossed in the sensor it counts as a revolution.

I found this sensor in the printer but my problem is that i cannot find the part number or datasheet on how to connect it to use in my project.

All i need is to know how to connect it so a datasheet or maybe someone knows how to connect it is enough.

Here with this message there are to pictures of this sensor available. It has 4 pins going out of the sensor.
Please con someone help me figure them out

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
it is more like a sine/cosine encoder....

WikiAnswers says:
A Sine-Cosine Encoder is a position transducer using only two sensors, each 90 degrees out of phase with respect to each other, driving an up/down counter through appropriate logic. Since sine and cosine are 90 degrees out of phase with repect to each other, this technique is called sine-cosine encoding.

The computer mouse is an example of this technique.
Usually these would have four leads coming from them, 2 are for power, the other 2 are outputs from the encoder sensors....
Sine_Cosine Encoder.jpg

B. Morse