Sensers, transducer

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Slemma, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Slemma

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    i have a project i need to complete. Build a system that detects 0 pressure. I found a transducer from Digi key 480-3286-ND. What do i need to complete the project so that memory store the data and some how i can read the the data from the memory.

Thank you

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    How much do you know about analog and digital electronics, memory circuits and microcontrollers?

3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    You need to define what you mean by that. True zero pressure is the absence of even one atom of matter, or matter at absolute zero. Both are essentially impossible to achieve and even harder to "detect".

Degree of vacuum is measured in milli, micro and nano atmospheres, for instance. How much precision do you want? Less than 0.1 psi is a lot different than 1µ-atm.

4. Slemma

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    I just know basic Digital and Analog. My objective is to detect sleep Apnea. That is why i said 0 pessure, i may be wrong. i found a website sparkfun.com that make any project easy, tech support is friendly. This will allow me learn more about circuits. Do you hava any alternative site?

thank you for your reply!

5. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Ha ha, well that certainly is not zero pressure. :eek:

It's zero flow at atmospheric pressure. But more than just NO flow, it's a break in the rhythm of the breathing, I think. Maybe detecting the peaks and then watching for a missing peak would be a better strategy?

strantor likes this.