Sense Line Constant Current Regulator

magudaman

Joined Feb 27, 2012
I have a DC-DC converter that has a +sense and -sense. What I want to do is build a small circuit that will essentially create a constant current limiter for this DC-DC brick despite what voltage its is outputting. If I am not mistaken the voltage on the sense line will need to be just slightly higher than what the module is outputing to create a drop in voltage and a drop in current.

I intend to use this dc-dc brick to do charger of batteries.

I had originally intended while quickly doing research to use the circuit shown below to use as a limiter but had failed to see that the meanwell power supply's actually ran their sense line through a resistor which this circuit tied. This only required the circuit to output low voltages like 2.40v

So the idea is to still use a opamp, but a high voltage version that can put out up to 60V. A big issue with that scenario will be getting higher voltage than whats being output.

I am an electronics novice so this is proving to be quite a challenging problem for me :confused:

Attachments

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Here's a bit of a block diagram where you imagine the brick has an opamp inside it and you satisfy the opamp from an external amplifier. This idea allows adjustment from .303 amps to 15.0092 amps. Might work, might not. It's just an idea to consider.

Attachments

magudaman

Joined Feb 27, 2012
Oh crap Im thinking I have to trick the converter to be able to drop the voltage but I'm crazy the converters are set up to be able to be trimmed down duh :)