sense and trigger later

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by seesoe, Apr 19, 2009.

1. seesoe

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    i have a pneumatic valve like in this video http://hackedgadgets.com/2009/02/07/pneumatic-control-system/

his trigger input is a little micro switch, and when he presses it everything moves and when he lets go everything goes back.

i have the same pneumatic setup, but what im trying to do is change the timing on the button.

i want everything to move x amount of seconds after the button is pressed. x being about a few seconds variable pot with variance of about a 5 second window.

i was thinking some sort of timer and use a variable capacitor to set the timing.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    If SW current is less than 200 mA @12V , you can use 2 555 timer IC's; first [ adjustable with pot.] gives X time, is cap. coupled to 2nd 555 which gives operating time. Drive pneumatic control with output of second.

3. seesoe

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    hmm, im not sure what the voltage is, i highly doubt it is 12v.

this is on a bakery machine that runs at 220v 60 cycle, there is just about no electronics in the panel, ill get more into the project Wednesday, i will get a volt meter and check out everything. till then thanks:)