Sennheiser Wireless Mic

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by frenchie29, May 9, 2009.

1. frenchie29

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 28, 2008
    I've had this mic for a while now I've almost never used it (low end) So I decided to fire it up so I could sell it. Nothing, no sound but I'm getting full RF so I knew it was the mic itself so I decided to unscrew the capsule to see what's inside, it's pretty sealed but soon as I removed the capsule I noticed that the wires were just hanging, 2 black and a red one. If I look at the capsule I can see there's 4 blobs of solder so I would assume that those wires were connected there I did a quick test but nothing is happening. Why 3 cables? and 2 black and one red. I could see 1 red 1 black but I don't get the 3rd one I would assume it's negative as well.

Here's the mic
    http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/produ...?transid=500594

And some pix
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the above picture on the capsule right underneath the body (bottom right) there's a ^ metal ring with another blob of solder so I would assume that goes to the shorter black cable as the ground.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  2. RmACK

Nov 23, 2007
    Some electret mics have 3 wires. Usually a ground, a signal out and a dc power in. They have a small amplifier built in which needs this power.

Sorry I don't know which wires & pads would be which. Perhaps someone else has a senheiser they wouldn't mind opening to check the wiring for you...

Nice mic btw.

3. frenchie29

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 28, 2008
    The mic looks nice but it's the lowest that Sennheiser have

The thing is there's 2 black wire, so I assume those 2 are ground and the red is positive. What kind of wire do they use? They are a very dark grey and solder doesn't stick too well to it.

Here's a clearer picture.
    [​IMG]